As a Platinum Marriott member I stay in Courtyards frequently and normally I am impressed with the level of customer service they provide. On a very recent 2 night stay at this property I have a somewhat mixed review to share.
We arrived on Sunday afternoon and walked up to the front desk to check in. There was nobody around. After about 10 minutes standing there, two young ladies emerged from the back office. There was no greeting, no welcome, no smile. The woman who actually checked us in seemed bored and disinterested. I told her my name and she stared into her screen looking like she couldn't find my reservation but never verified the spelling. I finally spelled it out for her and she found it. She then realized I am Platinum with Marriott and mechanically recited the typical checklist. I am not overly critical but the first impression of any hotel is the front desk and both my wife and I felt like this got off to a bad start and I was questioning my choice before I even hit the elevator.
The room was comfortable and clean as I've come to expect from Marriott. There is plenty of free parking on site. The location is very good to access both SLO and Montana de Oro State Park. There is coffee in the lobby in the morning and the breakfast buffet was nice. In fact the people at the cafe for breakfast were the polar opposite of what we experienced at check in. They were friendly ,welcoming and smiling the whole time.
I would stay here again because I am loyal to the brand and like the points but I would advise the management to have a talk with the front desk staff and let them know that first impressions matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott is San Luis Obispo's newest hotel and is conveniently located near Cal Poly and is 7 mi to Pismo and Avila Beach. The Courtyard San Luis Obispo is 4 mi to San Luis Obispo County Airport with easy access to all area attractions and landmarks. Our San Luis Obispo hotel has a distinctive architectural style where you can enjoy the warmth of the California sun. The Courtyard San Luis Obispo has a customer-focused guest room design combining both comfort and functionality. Our San Luis Obispo hotel offers spacious rooms, complimentary wireless internet, as well as a fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Marriott
- San Luis Obispo Courtyard