“Classy Courtyard”

Courtyard San Luis Obispo
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've stayed in a good deal of Courtyards and this one was pretty classy. My room was assigned as per my specifications so I was happy. The hotel appearance is sharp and the services include a full restaurant and bar with room service. Ryan and Kevin in the lounge were lovely. We stayed by the pool and relaxed for a bit in the afternoon and everythng was clean. Really loved the extras like the cookies, water and coffee bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Treyana_Beals, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

July 31, 2014
Dear Jenny Dell
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated. We always want to make sure that all guests staying at the hotel has a great experience and that our staff provides the best customer service. I will be sure to forward your review to the restaurant manager so that she knows that her employees are doing a great job.
We hope that you choose The Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo for your stay if you visit this are again.
Have a great day 
Warmly,
Courtyard by Marriott San Luis Obispo
1605 Calle Joaquin
San Luis Obispo, Ca 93405
805-786-4200
805-786-4210 (fax)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Property is fairly cozy, but we had a great stay for the 4th of July weekend. We had kids in our party, and they definitely enjoyed the pool. It is not very close to major attractions of downtown SLO, but everything is 5-10 minutes away. Our room was a standard king room, and it was very comfy and updated. TV worked on and off, and we found a HUGE spider on the ceiling one day, but very clean and very nice room. I would recommend this hotel for travelers to SLO.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor facing the pool, which was nice because there was a faux patio adding...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Treyana_Beals, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Jen A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our many amenities. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with your family. We take great pride in delivering excellent customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I am also glad to hear you will return to the Courtyard by Marriott next time you are in San Luis Obispo. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are long time Marriott time share owners and card holders and try to always stay at Marriott properties. Service here are great as usual and suited our needs. Pool was perfect. However the air conditioning needs major overhaul. Very noisy and kept turning off an on with loud bangs akl night.

Room Tip: Facing the back
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sitaananth,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and our amenities. I apologize about the air conditioning unit issues and those have been resolved. We hope that you will choose The Courtyard for future stays. If you have any further concerns or would like to speak to me directly, please don’t hesitate to give me a call.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I arrived by car and there is ample free parking around the hotel.

My room on the 3rd floor was sufficiently comfortable with sofa and view over the pool.
The room was quiet and the bed comfortable.

There was a microwave oven and an empty refrigerator; one can buy frozen and minibar style items at the market attached to reception.

There was no safe, as usual in this hotel category.

There was a 32" TV.

The bathroom had a fixed shower in the tub with curtain.

The in-room air conditioner was powerful and noisy; fortunately I did not require it.

The restaurant menu was varied and the food was good; another plus for this category is the availability of room service.

Breakfast in the restaurant was fair.

Internet was free and speed was acceptable.

All staff were very friendly and prompt in satisfying requests and solving problems.

All in all, I would consider this hotel a "3 star plus", or maybe more if you use the pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Alberto P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and its many amenities! Next time you are visiting San Luis Obispo please stay with us again. We also have guest safety deposit boxes at the front desk for your convenience. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I pre-paid using Priceline but the hotel charged the full stay on the credit card I gave them for incidentals. Once I realized this, I called and spoke with the front desk manager who told me she would issue a credit to my account, but a month later, my credit card bill is due and still no credit issued. So I've had to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

The hotel was perfectly nice but definitely not nice enough to pay for it twice!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Amy,

I agree that this is a very nice hotel but not for double the charge. I am so sorry for the billing issue you experienced. I would be happy to resolve this issue for you and correct the mistaken charge. Please contact me directly with your billing information and I will contact Priceline myself to resolve this issue immediately. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We were only in San Luis Obispo for one night but found our room to be very comfortable, clean and more spacious than we expected. Front desk helpful in their restaurant recommendations & directions. Convenient to downtown. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Srbohrer
Remi_Bordelon, Front Office Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Srbohrer,

I am pleased to hear the Front Desk was friendly and accommodating to your needs. We take great pride in delivering excellent customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I am also glad to hear you will return to the Courtyard by Marriott next time you are in San Luis Obispo. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Comfortable beds, large rooms , awesome bathrooms great pool area. Very impressed. Friendly staff , very accommodating and informative. Really nice. Would definitely recommend it to all travellers whether business or families.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear HeatherB1154943,

You are correct that our hotel caters to both business travelers as well as families. With our many amenities and great views of the hillside and courtyard anyone and everyone enjoys their stay. Like you said, our service is friendly and accommodating and guest needs are our top priority. I am so glad you enjoyed staying with us. Next time you find yourself in San Luis Obispo we would love to serve you again!