I'm a Marriott gold member, have been for years, so I stay at their properties at least 50 days per year. This is a nice Courtyards, with regards to service etc. My daughter goes to Cal-Poly and I stay here several times a year. My main problem with this hotel is they know the schools schedule and they really gouge you on parent weekends, move in days, etc. Not only do they increase the room rate to unacceptable levels (I'm talking ridiculous increases) they also implement 2 night stay minimums.
Ok, I guess I understand, but I don't have to like it, and I also don't have to stay here. There are a lot of smaller boutique hotels in SLO. New student parents, make a point to visit hotels when your in the area. You can establish relationships and they'll take care of you if they know you stay at other times. This is a problem I have with this Marriott, they don't appreciate that you stay here year round. To them, a busy weekend is just that a busy weekend. They could careless if you stay here when nobody is in town, because they have limited 'Name' competition. Keep in mind, this is coming from a gold member. I need stays to retain my gold level status to get free perks (free concierge level services at full service Marriott brands, not courtyards). Even with this I recommend you follow this review.
Build a relationship with a cool location in Avila, downtown SLO, or even Pismo. They'll appreciate your business, they'll want to retain you as a year 'round customer, and you'll get better treatment on busy weekends. Especially if your moving your child in and you only need 1 night. Again, stay here at first it's nice and predictable, but you'll pay (unfairly). Then find a nice bed and breakfast in SLO, Avila, or even Pismo Beach. You'll still be minutes from your child and you'll build a relationship you can leverage for all four years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott is San Luis Obispo's newest hotel and is conveniently located near Cal Poly and is 7 mi to Pismo and Avila Beach. The Courtyard San Luis Obispo is 4 mi to San Luis Obispo County Airport with easy access to all area attractions and landmarks. Our San Luis Obispo hotel has a distinctive architectural style where you can enjoy the warmth of the California sun. The Courtyard San Luis Obispo has a customer-focused guest room design combining both comfort and functionality. Our San Luis Obispo hotel offers spacious rooms, complimentary wireless internet, as well as a fitness center and an outdoor heated pool with jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Courtyard
- San Luis Obispo Marriott