“Great place to stay!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fresno, California
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 12 February 2010

I loved this place. The room was comfortable and well sized. My husband and I traveled with our 5 month old son and his playpen fit well in our room. The hotel restaurant was wonderful. The food was great, better than most steakhouses and the prices were reasonable. Also the breakfast was nice, the waffles and omlette bar were a nice touch. The location is great, right off the freeway and the views were beautiful. Only a 5 minute drive from downtown.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I called the Hotel when I was a few miles away and asked about availability. The gentlemen on the phone said he has a King Room available at a Rate of $129. I then mentioned I was a Rewards Club Member and if he could do better on the rate. He then offered me a reduce rate of $99. I told him I was just taking the Los Osos Valley Road Exit and would be there within a minute. So I checked in and off I went to my room. The next morning my Express Checkout Folio was under my door and I put it in my bag and left. When I got home I noticed he charged me the $129 and not the $99. I emailed customer service to let them know and I have still not heard back.. Will definetly not be staying at this Courtyard again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
courtyardslo, Manager at Courtyard San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, 18 February 2010
In response to this review we sincerely regret that this guest was inadvertantly charged the incorrect rate. Like all reputable and quality companies, Marriott Hotels prides itself on being upstanding and doing the right thing when we make mistakes. This particular guest contacted Marriott's Customer care department and the funds were credited back to his method of payment within 24 hours of his issue being brought to our attention. The guest was immediately notified with a voicemail once the correction was made. We apologize that this simple mistake inconvenienced our guest to this extent and want all guests to understand that Marriott has been providing top notch service for over 50 years, cheating our customers is not how we operate or will tolerate from our associates. Thank you for taking the time to hear our side!
danville, ca
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I have stayed here numerous times, and it is so clean, and convenient. The staff is incredible and THAT really makes the place. Everyone is friendly and helpful and courteous. All the employees at the front desk and the maintenance employees and the restaurant employees they are all so welcoming.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 17 January 2010

This is my 2nd time staying at this full-service hotel located in San Luis Obispo, right off the 101 highway. The hotel is very well appointed, rooms are spacious, clean, and everything about the hotel is great. There is a pool and hot tub as well. Location isn't the best, but a quick 5 minute drive takes you to all the sights and downtown SLO. We got a great rate being frequent Marriott travelers, only $109! For San Luis, this is a great rate for such a good room. Staff are friendly and check-in and out were fast. Wifi internet is free, but the breakfast is not. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 10 January 2010

Great Stay!! We stopped for one night on the way up the coast and I was sorry we didn't have more time at this hotel. First off, when making our reservation, I had a gift certificate and spoke with Chris at the hotel to help me with the booking, he was great, friendly and very helpful. When we checked in he happened to be working the front desk and offered the same great service, even remembered speaking with me, which is amazing. They had warm cookies at the front desk, and were great about explaining the property. Our room was great, we had a view of the hills, it was very quiet. With this being a newer property everything is beautiful. The room was tastefully decorated, with a nice built in, photos of the local area, and were a nice size. The workout room was small but well equipped with new equipment, the treadmills have personal TV's attached to each making the workout pass quickly. Although they don't offer free breakfast, but do have a small restaurant. We didn't eat at the hotel as we have our favorites in the area. My family agreed, when we are back in the San Luis area, we will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2010

lovely room with firm beds, great amenities and a wonderful view of the mountains and the pool and jacuzzi. It was such a restful room and the hotel staff provided a really useful map of the downtown area with info on the Spanish mission and on good places to eat. SLO is a wonderful smallish university town with a very relaxed feel to it - I wish we could have stayed more than the 1 night we'd booked in for

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Our room had 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. It was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included, though there was a restaurant on site which we did not use. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only a short drive to downtown San Luis Obispo, which was a really cute, lively downtown.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family