“The Tight Spot”

Black Sheep Bar & Grill
Ranked #45 of 303 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beautiful bar and grill with cozy atmosphere, open every day year round from 11am until 2am. Great food for lunch and dinner at affordable prices. Voted best salsa, best cocktails, and one of the best bar menus in the county! Happy Hour daily 3-6pm Enjoy our patio dining
Alta Loma, California
“The Tight Spot”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

A great location along with a great atmosphere--dark and atmospheric. Food is always on point; it's the real deal. I visit SLO at least once a year and have never failed to get some Black Sheep in.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Michelle A

“Mac and Cheese!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I go here about once a week. The bartender/waitress always remembers what her customers order. The mac and cheese is a local favorite and I also love the Chicken Tortilla soup!

• Visited February 2013
“Delicious”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This place is the best. I had never been here in the 12 years that I have lived in SLO and finally went at the end of last year. Why didn't I try it sooner? You really can't go wrong with any of the food, but the burger, mac and cheese, and nachos are the best. You can either sit inside the beautiful dark wood and brick laden interior or out on the wonderful covered patio. Definitely give this place a try, you'll be glad you did!

• Visited March 2013
“Cute little Pub”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

They had really good nachos, and their burger was fantastic. The staff was friendly, but it was a little noisy in there. But it's a bar, so I guess that is to be expected.

• Visited December 2012
Pismo Beach, California
“Overall pretty good”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We came here for our first time with a group of 5. Unfortunately, none of us ordered a burger which now looks like the best dinner choice. I had the chicken fettuccine alfredo that was so full of butter I couldn't finish the final 30%, and I rarely don't finish a meal. Also the chicken didn't taste fresh, not very appetizing. I probably had the worst entree of our group.
Our 17 year old friend had a ham and cheese sandwich that was also a bit too butter-aided and he couldn't finish it.
Staff was pleasant and the ambiance good with a cozy fire area in one corner and two large screens TVs for sports viewing at every seat in the house.
The buffalo wings were terrific. Everyone loved them and the sauce was quite spicy but not overpowering. Beer selections are good although we came immediately after New Years and still weren't in the mood for a drink.
The nachos were a mystery and still are. We debated over getting the full order for $13 or the half order for $9. The waitress said the full order was like a meal for 3 people, so we got the half order. It seemed pretty darned small for $9 (it's nachos people so why skimp?). When I asked how much larger the full order would be the waitress said about 3 times as large as the half order. In hindsight, we should have ordered the full order and are still wondering how they do the math on an item that is 3 times larger for 45% more money.
My wife and daughters enjoyed their salads, all different ones, and the tri-tip was tasty and easy to chew.
In hindsight, I would recommend the buffalo wings and the full order of nachos for a group and probably get a burger and beer next time.

• Visited January 2013