“Poor quality for the price”

Lamplighter Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and when we walked in, it smelled funky. The carpet felt grimey. The couch fabric was grimey, also. I lifted up the couch cushion to see if it was a bed, and there were pieces of food under there. The bathmat had holes in it. The paint peeling in the bathroom. One of the chairs was taped on the leg. When we went to breakfast, the eggs & bacon were gone and there was no batter for the waffles. Very disappointing stay for the price

Room Tip: The Motel 6 in SLO is much cleaner than this place. We wouldn't have stayed here if we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Kathi B

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and two young children. The hotel was tidy but absolutely filthy. Both the sleeping area and bathroom had mold on the walls and ceiling, the "astro turf" carpeting was old and black - in fact our feet were left black from it! and bedding was stained. This is not to mention the small, old televisions and stained bathtub. I would truly never stay here again and would recommend to anyone else not to stay here as well. It is a hazard to you and your families health. Hopefully they will be inspected sometime soon before getting someone seriously ill.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 910erican
Reviewed 14 August 2013

One of the best Comfort Inns that I have stayed in. Charming look, comfortable large rooms, and decent breakfast. The front desk was very helpful, the internet operated at a decent speed. The location is close to some restaraunts and close to Hwy 101.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room was top floor and a in corner with windows that actually opened onto the courtyard pool (for fresh, cool, air) . It was clean and had a fridge, microwave & coffee maker, which was good. The staff was cordial and breakfast good with eggs, bacon,etc. However, the small eating area was full, so I took mine back to the room.

Bedding & pillows were new, but the bedspread was quilted so so heavy it was hard for me to sleep with the weight of it. Guess they haven't discovered lightweight microfiber yet!

It was fine for a one night stay. Their wifi was VERY slow, but I have my own myfi.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bchgrl9
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Upon checking in and going to room noticed a sticky spill in elevator. Thought manager would want to take care so sticky wouldn't spred but apparently I was interferring with his dinner. Then left to go eat after dropping off bags. Came back to use toilet. Was I surprised the broken seat bit my "cheek". Told manager apparently no maintence staff. He would take $10 off room price. Very disturbing considering I am disabled from a knee that needs to be replaced. If that seat had cut my cheek there would be more said then just this review. Not hospitable and quite forgettable don't waste your money.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank pattykatty46
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here on our way to San Francisco. We were given a handicapped room because that's all that was available, so the room was spacious. The hairdryer did not work and we had to ask two different lethargic managers three times to get some shampoo. The elevators and hallways were dingy and smelled strongly and mysteriously of mustard. This place is LOUD. doors slamming all night long and a lot of noise from the street, even with windows closed and the air blasting. There was vomit and empty bottles of Jack Daniels in the sidewalk below our room in the morning...cheers! Continenal breakfast was some stale danishes, cereal and the like. Coffee pot was empty. Lack of tables, no seating and they wouldn't let you take your stale roll back to the room (??). The $209 we spent on one room for one night for this place was ridiculous.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank HWY1CA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed for two nights in July 2013. After having spent the previous 2 nights at another Comfort Inn in Ventura, I was expecting one of comparable quality. That was not the case. The room had holes in the wall. The air conditioning was noisy. And the cleaning staff aren't too thorough since I found a cracker on the floor in plain sight when I checked in. It was also advertised as having flat screen TV's but they appeared to have my old CRT TV from the early 90s. The breakfast provided was so-so. It seemed like powdered eggs but cant say for sure. The only nice thing I have to say is how helpful the young man working the front desk was when I needed to print an email. Within walking distance of downtown SLO and the train station. At least for someone in average shape. Will stay elsewhere the next time I'm in SLO.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo