Based on the previous, negative reviews, I was a hesitant to book this hotel. But the savings was considerable ($150 less than the BW Somerset up the street), so we took a chance. I'm glad we did! Our experience overall was positive. In short, friendly & accommodating staff & a decent room with everything we needed. Good value for the price. Details below.
Other reviewers suggested guests request the main/remodeled building (more desirable than the older section across the street). We did. To make sure of this, I followed up our online reservation with a personal phone call, requesting the newer section & a room with 2 Queen beds. "Angelo" at reception was very kind, & upgraded us to a room with a balcony, after I explained our visit was a special mother/daughter retreat. The large enough room (1208) was equipped with a fridge & microwave. Two (very!) comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. Internet worked fine, as did the air conditioner.
Lovely mountain view from the room & balcony. Shaded & easy parking. The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown. While, as vegans, we only had tea & juice at breakfast (we brought our own food with us, so the fridge was great), there seemed to be a large enough selection of cereal, breads, eggs, bacon, & waffles.
A young woman "Wendy," who ALONE managed the breakfast set up, deserves a special mention. She was clearly very busy & hard working & stayed poised under pressure when multiple guests started complaining or making requests all at once. As she attended to everyone's needs, even the complainers, Wendy stayed pleasant, calm & polite. Much better than the guests demanding things of her!
Down side: the balcony in our room needed a good sweep & wiping of the table. The blind on the door out to the balcony needs replacing soon (Had a hole & didn't go up)
There were a few spots on the rug, but nothing disgusting. While this isn't a 4 star hotel, neither was the price! It was more than adequate for 2 nights. We weren't there to see the room.
All in all, request the newer building & don't hesitate to stay here...& save money as you do! :-)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lamplighter Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Lamplighter Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Comfort Inn And Suites Lamplighter
- Comfort Inn Lamplighter
- Comfort Inn San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Comfort Inn