All reviews breakfast room microwave and refrigerator make your own waffles coffee maker downtown slo cereal coast
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Room 2101, first floor. In order to plug my computer cord to electricity, I have to unplug the tv from the big orange extention cord as the outlets are al old and do not accommodate 3 prong...the management can fix this but they prefer not to...rooms are old but clean...you cannot open the door without slamming into the chair...light above sink is fluorescent and was so old that it did not gigve out any real light. Only one of the two bed lamps worked. The hot breakfast was HORRIBLE! Eggs were actually rubberized, sausage was so salty it was indigestible. I have stayed at many comfort in. And suites and never have I posted something this bad. Went to the front desk to give them my list of things that were not right and nobody was there. Maybe they will get this and get off their lazy duff and improve the place. Horrible.

Room tip: Value was less than average ...I did not give it 3 points...my computer did that,
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank donnagrim
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I booked this room after calling to verify that it had two separate bedrooms plus a living room area. I booked the room based on the information given to me. Upon arrival I found that it was a large living room/bedroom combo with one separate bedroom not what I was told. The property is also very tired. The sofa was not comfortable and the internet was fair at best. The property did have a decent breakfast.

Room tip: Not the best Comfort Inn that I've stayed in and I'm a diamond member.
Date of stay: September 2013
2  Thank JohnF023
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Based on the previous, negative reviews, I was a hesitant to book this hotel. But the savings was considerable ($150 less than the BW Somerset up the street), so we took a chance. I'm glad we did! Our experience overall was positive. In short, friendly & accommodating staff & a decent room with everything we needed. Good value for the price. Details below.

Other reviewers suggested guests request the main/remodeled building (more desirable than the older section across the street). We did. To make sure of this, I followed up our online reservation with a personal phone call, requesting the newer section & a room with 2 Queen beds. "Angelo" at reception was very kind, & upgraded us to a room with a balcony, after I explained our visit was a special mother/daughter retreat. The large enough room (1208) was equipped with a fridge & microwave. Two (very!) comfortable beds with plenty of pillows. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels. Internet worked fine, as did the air conditioner.
Lovely mountain view from the room & balcony. Shaded & easy parking. The hotel is within easy walking distance of downtown. While, as vegans, we only had tea & juice at breakfast (we brought our own food with us, so the fridge was great), there seemed to be a large enough selection of cereal, breads, eggs, bacon, & waffles.
A young woman "Wendy," who ALONE managed the breakfast set up, deserves a special mention. She was clearly very busy & hard working & stayed poised under pressure when multiple guests started complaining or making requests all at once. As she attended to everyone's needs, even the complainers, Wendy stayed pleasant, calm & polite. Much better than the guests demanding things of her!

Down side: the balcony in our room needed a good sweep & wiping of the table. The blind on the door out to the balcony needs replacing soon (Had a hole & didn't go up)
There were a few spots on the rug, but nothing disgusting. While this isn't a 4 star hotel, neither was the price! It was more than adequate for 2 nights. We weren't there to see the room.
All in all, request the newer building & don't hesitate to stay here...& save money as you do! :-)

Room tip: Newer/main building upstairs. 1208 has a balcony & view of the mountains. Also overlooks the pool. The rooms nearby do, too. Not too noisy, due to double pane windows.
Date of stay: September 2013
4  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and when we walked in, it smelled funky. The carpet felt grimey. The couch fabric was grimey, also. I lifted up the couch cushion to see if it was a bed, and there were pieces of food under there. The bathmat had holes in it. The paint peeling in the bathroom. One of the chairs was taped on the leg. When we went to breakfast, the eggs & bacon were gone and there was no batter for the waffles. Very disappointing stay for the price

Room tip: The Motel 6 in SLO is much cleaner than this place. We wouldn't have stayed here if we hadn't needed the 2 room suite.
Date of stay: August 2013
5  Thank KathiB325
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I recently stayed here with my husband and two young children. The hotel was tidy but absolutely filthy. Both the sleeping area and bathroom had mold on the walls and ceiling, the "astro turf" carpeting was old and black - in fact our feet were left black from it! and bedding was stained. This is not to mention the small, old televisions and stained bathtub. I would truly never stay here again and would recommend to anyone else not to stay here as well. It is a hazard to you and your families health. Hopefully they will be inspected sometime soon before getting someone seriously ill.

Date of stay: August 2013