Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo
Inn at San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
US$96
US$170
US$152
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$164
US$156
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$168
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$216
US$211
Hotels.com
US$156
US$142
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$190
US$281
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
US$197
Travelocity
All reviewsgreat locationrainfall showerroom was cleantravel lodgefarmers marketwalking distancerestaurants and barsone nightgreat showercontinental breakfastthursday nightwaffle makerwafflescal polywould stay here againrooms are smalla great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I rarely book a room of a 2 or 2.5 star level but I wanted one in walking distance to downtown for a reasonable price. This one had good reviews so we decided to try it. I'd stay there again. The manager was very professional and helpful. Showed us a room and gave us the history of the hotel. It's sort of limited frills but new beds, modern shower, and felt safe. Nice walk into town. A continental breakfast is provided but we opted to eat at a fabulous restaurant in town. Good stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cctravelerCctx
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Based on previous reviews, I chose this hotel to stay at for one night while I was in town for a conference. Being a woman and traveling solo, I wanted to feel safe and comfortable while still feeling a little pampered on a budget. The room was modern and very clean and little details let me know that they have their customers in mind.
The gentleman at the front desk, Sol Taylor, was so
courteous and personable, I would think he is the owner. His demeanor made me feel safe and kind of protected during my stay.
In the morning, the breakfast area was simple, but clean and the staff was more than happy to help you and make you feel welcomed.
I would definitely recommend Avenue Inn Downtown to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Kaurell
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Other reviewers have pointed out that the remodel has served this roadside motel well. I agree. But if you are factoring the free breakfast into your motel choice decision, factor it out. The "continental" breakfast does not begin to rise to that admittedly low bar. It consists of weak coffee, milk, orange juice, sliced bread, apples and tiny sweet rolls and muffins that taste like they were dipped in preservatives. We chose to break the fast at the Big Sky Cafe, four blocks northeast of the motel.

Room Tip: The floors are squeaky. So second floor rooms are quieter. Rooms with two queen beds are kind of like suites in that the beds are in separate rooms. But there is no furniture in the separate bedroom, not even night stands.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Family_traveler94
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The rooms have recently been updated with a modern decor. We stayed in a King room and the bed was very comfortable, overall the room was very clean. The room size itself wasn't huge, but plenty of room for the two of us to get around. Our room had a mini fridge, and Free WiFi which is always a plus. The location is great and only a short walk to downtown restaurants, bars, shopping and the Mission. The front desk clerk Sol was very nice and helpful. I would stay here again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice room and a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CariLVNV
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room is a small that barely fit 2 double beds, but it is clean. The location is a short walk to all the central downtown activities (i.e. Farmers Market). The bathroom is small too, but it is clean and new. My husband likes the firmer beds they have which I don't. The place looks like the pictures in tripadvisor. It's strange that they didn't update the pictures in their own website.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family