I had a business trip to the Central California coast and was unable to find lodging in one of my regular hotels, so I took a chance on Avenue Inn based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor. Well, I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I was told it used to be a rather run-down Travel Lodge, but the new owners fixed it up. And fix it up they did. They didn't just put on a fresh coat of paint, but they put in new carpet, drapes, beds, linens, granite counter tops and so on. From the outside it looks like a well-kept motel, but inside it looks like a modern upscale room in a nice hotel. We kept the car parked all weekend and were able to walk a few blocks up the street to downtown San Luis Obispo for lots of great restaurants, shops and things to see. I would recommend Avenue Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All Rooms Brand New. Located 3 blocks to Historic Downtown San Luis Obispo. Walk to restaurants, shopping, movie theater, bars & nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge San Luis Obispo Downtown Hotel San Luis Obispo
- Travel Lodge San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Travel Lodge
- San Luis Obispo Travelodge