“Will stay here on my next visit”
Review of La Cuesta Inn

La Cuesta Inn
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
New Jersey
“Will stay here on my next visit”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We only stayed one night in our trip up the coast. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to a king room with a view which was a nice gesture. The room was quiet, clean and spacious. The complimentary continental breakfast was satisfying. The staff was super nice and accommodating. In fact, everyone we met during our visit to this town was super nice and accommodating that I look forward to a return visit to San Luis Obispo.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
AFabula, Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
BarbaraAndPaul,
Thanks for the great review! We're happy that you enjoyed your upgrade and our San Luis Obispo hospitality!

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Asst. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2013

On travelling from LA to San Francisco the La Cuesta Inn was the ideal place to stop. We had a large clean room with 1 double bed, a TV, microwave & DVD player & a balcony. A large bathroom with an added feature of a plastic duck, was a fun touch. It was nice & quiet. You can also borrow a DVD to watch in your room from a selection in reception. A buffet breakfast was provided which was self service, you could make your own waffles, toast etc. There was also fruit, cereal, tea & coffee. You could take your breakfast back up to your room on a tray if you wanted too. We also had a lovely meal at the Apple Farm which is opposite La Cuesta.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
AFabula, Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Hello TravelGirl1766,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stop in San Luis Obispo at our hotel. Located almost half way between SF and LA, we are a great location to stop if you're passing through. If you're ever passing through again we look forward to seeing you!
Thanks again for the feedback!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2013

San Luis Obispo was the 2nd stay on my 8 day road trip from San Francisco to San Diego... I was very happy and satisfied with my visit here from Saturday May 4th until Tuesday May 7th, 2013. I booked my room through the La Cuesta Inn website via their "Book 2 nights and get a 3rd night free" offer... in actuality, I paid about $104 per night (taxes included)... which I am happy with for what I received.

The front desk staff was friendly and gave great service. When I checked in on Saturday I at first received a room on the 1st floor -- after seeing the room I asked the check-in agent if there was a room on a higher floor -- he gave me a room on the 3rd floor which I was very happy with.

My room had a king-sized bed and a balcony, the view was not great, but I had fresh air and it was not loud at all.

The hotel itself is a bit older and the furniture in the room looked old (as did the A/C unit, but it worked fine), but everything was clean and in working order and more than satisfactory.

The Big Bonus for me was they had Disney Channel (Yes I'm a kid at heart) -- I actually watched TV during my stay.

The location of La Cuesta Inn is right off of highway 101, which is very convenient... and it is a very short drive (about 5-10 minutes) from the downtown area with all the restaurants and shopping.

It was cold and overcast while I stayed so I didn't use the pool.

I was not very impressed with the free continental breakfast... their coffee machine was out of service and the offerings were very simple: boiled eggs, breakfast cereal, a waffle maker (decent though), muffins, yogurt... but I guess it was satisfactory for anyone on a budget. I opted for breakfast at Big Sky Cafe and Sally Loo's.

Overall, I was satisfied with my trip and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I wasn't impressed with the room I saw on the first floor, but was very happy with the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
AFabula, Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Gregsoon,
Thanks for the review!
We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our convenient location makes us an easy trek to the 101, 1, or to downtown SLO. While we do offer a free continental breakfast, you had the pleasure of enjoying a local favorite! In any case, our coffee machine is in fact back in order and we are serving Seattle's Best 24 hours per day! We look forward to your next visit,
Thank you again for sharing on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

Wow....this was a great place to stay...very clean..nice staff...waking distance...no road noise...clean room ...great view ...and lots of people eating breakfast and enjoying the food...I would recommend stay here ...

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Rannadannado
Rannadannado,

Thanks for the kind comments and the recommendation. I hope you were one of the many who enjoyed the food at breakfast! We appreciate the positive feedback and are happy to welcome you back to stay any time!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We travel to SLO every year at least once. We always stay at La Cuesta Inn for the great value. It is a very well kept hotel with excellent room amenities. All staff has always been friendly and professional. I particularly want to commend the staff on my most recent stay for adjusting the price of my room to the special price that through a booking error was not recorded at the room reservation. Thanks again for your courteous service and consideration.

• Stayed April 2013
Dirtman140,

Thank you for the five star review! It is our pleasure to ensure that our valued guests like yourself leave satisfied. Perhaps we will see you again sooner than next year!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Spent 4 nights at La Cuesta for SLO marathon. First floor room was surprisingly private at back/end of hotel, but a little dark and cool/damp? Towels never dried so we got fresh fluffy ones each day. Microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker but not too much space for prep. Fantastic bed and pillows. Extra sink outside bathroom which was handy. Nice pool and hot tub area that is private behind vine-covered walls. Simple breakfast avail in lobby area, and yummy cookies & iced tea each afternoon - nice touch. Very good service - manager offered us free golf round at an area course when he saw our clubs, and another gave us a discount voucher at nearby restaurant. La Cuesta seems to be one of the newest nicest hotels in a town filled with dated, tired motel-type accommodation. Handy location just off 101. We were very happy we stayed there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon M
Sharon M,
Thank you for the review!
We're ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope you enjoyed your rounds of golf just as much -- Thanks again for the great review! We will surely see you next time.

West Coxsackie, Ny
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We usually stay in the hotel chains because of points towards free tickets, however, twice we have stayed here when in SLO and it was a lovely stay both times. The rooms are wonderful, the pool and hot tub very cozy and relaxing. The breakfast is fine. We enjoyed it very much. It's too bad that the rates have gone beyond our affordability this year, but it is an excellent place to stay while in this beautiful area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
AFabula, Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
mom2cjnk,
Thank you for the review! We're glad that you've stayed with us several times already and we hope that you keep coming back - our rates are seasonal and do fluctuate depending on the demand, so I certainly hope that you are able to get the rate you're looking for next time!