“Great hotel, Great Location, Exceptional Staff”
Review of La Cuesta Inn

La Cuesta Inn
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I was here for an extended stay of almost 3 weeks. The accommodations were great. The location is right off of 101 and within walking distance of downtown and everything that is going on in San Luis Obispo. The staff was exceptional! Greeting me every time they saw me and always offering to help me with directions or anything I needed. Housekeeping staff was excellent as well. Clean rooms and a friendly smile on their faces all the time. Andrew, Alice, Shannon, Tyler and Jacob at the front desk and Chastity, Rafael, Kelly and Joel in housekeeping. Also, Steve in maintenance always made sure the pool was in excellent condition. They all worked so hard to make this my "home away from home" and it was very much appreciated. I will definitely stay again the next time I am in San Luis Obispo.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AFabula, Assistant General Manager at La Cuesta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Marlena H,

Thank you so much for the kind review! I have shared your generous compliments with the rest of the staff. We're proud to be able to offer such satisfaction, and are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your extended stay at La Cuesta Inn as well as our beautiful city. We really hope you'll be able to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

An excellent hotel made better by the staff. Great customer service, I would like to call to attention Tyler and Shannon at the front desk. Always polite and professional, they make it a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff W

Jeff W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and staff. We do our best to ensure you have everything you need here at La Cuesta Inn, including exceptional service that is unparallelled by our competition. Thanks for the shout out to Tyler and Shannon, they have been commended for getting such a positive review. As always, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had never stayed at a La Cuesta Inn and was pleasantly surprised with the hotel in San Luis Obispo. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The city is delightful, and I was lucky enough to arrive there on a Thursday, when there is a delicious farmer's market downtown, with lots of good food and music. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Miriam M,

Thanks for the recommendation! We're happy to know that you enjoyed everything. Thursday farmers' market is definitely something that SLO newcomers MUST experience!

Thanks again for the review, see you next time!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our stay at La Cuesta started nice, a fine room and friendly staff when checking in. Three hours later sewage backed up into our bathtub. The front desk moved us to a room on a floor above. Three weeks later when our credit card bill arrived we saw that the hotel had charged us twice for the same day. When we called to get the charge reversed the manager who said his name was Andrew was impossible. We made 4 phone calls to attempt to speak to him. He was always too busy to take the call. When we finally did speak to him he said he would need to email us before the end of the day and said he would correct the problem. He never did email and when calling 6 hours after he had started, we were told he went home for the day. Definitely will never stay there again. And truly wonder how Andrew got a job as a hotel manager.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Steve D,

I'm very sorry to hear that you experienced such frustration. While we did not speak directly to one another I did speak with a Mrs. D regarding this billing error and did all that I could to clear it up in the same day. I would also like to apologize for any technical difficulties in receiving your receipt that was to be sent, it was autonomously sent to the email address provided on your reservation. We take billing issues very seriously and we guarantee to fix any billing error on our behalf. I do ask that you reconsider your decision not to stay at La Cuesta Inn, and perhaps give us another try in the future. Please contact me directly, I am more than happy to offer a special rate for a future stay, and I am open to any suggestion that would help rectify this unfortunate situation. I do hope to hear from you, and thank you for bringing your concern to our attention.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place was very accommodating! The price was great and the all the little extra's they do to make you happy was nice. I had a nice room and the pool and hot tub were great. Its right across the street from the Apple Farm so it easy to get a great meal there and although its a walk to get to town it doable or you can take the trolly. All around great place for the price!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank wombat4

wombat4,

Thank you! It is our pleasure to extend the warmth of hospitality to all of our guests. Our knowledgeable staff members are always eager to help make your stay at La Cuesta Inn a memorable one. We hope to see you again at our hotel, and again - Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The staff at the front desk were more than helpful and always in a positive mood. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. The only noise you can hear is when the water is running in another room. Not bad. Booked 2 more dates through the summer. Discounts for Cal Poly Students.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Aerolynn

Aerolynn,

Thank you for sharing on Tripadvisor! We appreciate our Cal Poly parents and affiliates so much that we've come up with special rates for them. I hope you are able to take advantage of those rates throughout the year, we do book up fast! Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way up to San Francisco. It's conveniently located off the freeway so the next day all we had to do was hop straight back on. It is also located very close to down town San Luis obispo.
The room was small and the bathroom was cramped. Everything was clean and the complimentary tea and coffee went down well.
I would not stay here for very long it is good as a stop over on a trip as the rooms are very tiny for families.
The customer service was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

rp33pr,

Thank you for the review!
We do have a selection of different sized rooms with different bed situations. I do apologize if you felt like the room was too small. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay overall, and we are ecstatic to hear that you found our staff to be helpful. We hope that you'll give us another try some time while passing through!

Thanks again,