“Not terrible - just don't expect too much”

Ramada San Luis Obispo
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We spent a night here on the way down the coast. The major selling point of this hotel is the price. The location is fine for the centre of San Luis Obispo, which is only a 10 minute or so walk away. The rooms were a reasonable size, but really needed updating. The style of the bed covers and soft furnishings was that of 1980. The hotel's restaurant was closed for what looked like a fairly major renovation. There was free wireless internet. If you need to make an overnight stop then this place is okay, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay here for any longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UKScientist

Reviewed 4 May 2011

A plain motel but with the required facilities. The restaurant was closed when we were there and the "breakfast" didn't amount to much. Not a place I'd pick for a long stay but certainly a convenient point to rest up after a long day on the road along the coast. Rooms basic but served the purpose. Plenty of fast food places nearby and also choice of Mexican and Japanese food.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Stayed 2 nights and used the coupon for a Thursday stay. Very clean and pleasant employees. Also close to the city and freeway. Much better that the other places within the area. I'll be back. Manny

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank SealBeachManny
Reviewed 6 November 2010

The hotel has the advantage of being near to bus stand and rly station. Old but clean rooms. Room service is fast and efficient. People are good.
Disadvantages are: very noisy room; sounds of traffic outside and cleaning of utensils etc from kitchen/ service area disturbs you the whole night.. Double rooms are having two separate beds; we were told that there are no rooms with real double beds in the hotel which is a real problem for couples and people with small children.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 13 October 2010

The hotel was reasonable and clean, had ample parking (right outside our room actually) and was very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2010

.... If you want to enjoy your stay in San Luis, DO NOT STAY HERE as I see I was not the only one who had a 'SweatBox' for a room and regrettable part about it is that I had that stupid room for two days.

The next morning when I went to check the subpar breakfast they had and rejected it, I ask them to do something about that hot room with faulty AC and they offered me a fan. So come night time I get to the room and I go and get this fan they have for me and I don't even use it because it was full of dirt and dust to make matters worse that lil was was broken too....

I didn't even mention about the earwig 'pincher bug' that was on the comforter I notice in my sleepless night..

So in the end do you think this family that runs that place bothered to credit me something? NO WAY ALL he did was show me some stupid paper saying he was going to have the AC fixed... My GF asked those ppl to give me some kind of refund and all the man had to say was " No mam I can't do that " ..... That is the Character of that family that runs this place ... TRUST ME DO NOT STAY HERE ........ I wish I would've tooken a photo of that crap fan the wanted me to use and posted it..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My room air conditioning did not work. So just to make sure I wasn't the one that didn't know how to operate it, I called the front desk person for assistance. He tried and he was not able to get the AC to work (no cold air). the motel was fully booked so I couldnt get another room. Ok, that was understandable.

I asked him to leave a message with the Manager (Jocylan) for the next day and he did. I spoke to Jocylen the next day and she said she would tell the manager about my experience (my stay was only for 1 night). I had expected a partial credit on the room but after placing 4 followup calls throughout the week after my stay, no one would call me back to tell me they were even sorry the AC breaking. And yes, I'd left my telephone number with them each time.

At this point, I've given up. $100+ for a motel that is average.

Service is absolutely poor. Let's hope nothing breaks if you decide to lodge there...

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple