“Terrible STALE DUSTY Experience AT RAMADA!”

Ramada San Luis Obispo
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My family and I were looking for a family suite. We have stayed many times at Ramada Inn's and had previously had positive experiences and economical. We had a VERY STALE, dusty room. The walls were dirty and doors dingy and did not close correctly. Air coniditioner did not work and we had to call 4 times to get the cable to work. All of us wore socks and they were FILTHY from walking on the carpet and tile in the rooms. We should not to swap cleaniliness and maintenance for cost effectiveness. On top of this we paid $270+ once taxes and extra adult costs were added.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RMH2012

Reviewed 8 August 2011

First the positives: everything was relatively clean enough & in working order. However, I was not impressed with the property. It was loud - you could hear everything that was happening in the parking lot. The free breakfast was extremely limited - only cold, sugar-laden muffins, danishes, and bagels, with juice & coffee - NO milk, NO protein and NO fruit of any kind. In the room, they provided shampoo and soap - no conditioner or lotion. So, if you're on a tight budget, and the price is right, then go for it. Otherwise, I would look for a better hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I went to the front desk to ask for matches as many hotels do keep matches. I was cut off and told that the rooms are non smoking (duh) i told the gentleman i understood this and would be smoking outside. I was cut off AGAIN and told the rooms are non smoking and they have no matches (fair enough). So i proceeded to ask for directions to the nearest gas station (reasonable) and was cut off AGAIN and told to LEAVE HIS OFFICE. i repeated one more time that i just wanted directions to a gas station and he told me to GET OUT. i had already payed for my one night but i will never return. I also in the morning asked if they have toothe brushes (if they are aaa certified they should) and was cut off and told no. The room was decent and needed updating but the help was awful. I have been a front desk clerk at a hotel before and his behaviour was unexcused. I am not a demanding guest and completely understand not having matches but i was talked down to and treated very poorly for how much the room cost.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This was our first visit to SLO , when we checked in the gentelman was very nice and helpful.. He gave us info on places to eat and that we were just walking distance from town.....We walked to town and ate and when we came back to our room he came out and asked us how everything was .....the room was fine for the price....we would stay here again next time we visit....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I would not stay here if this was the last place available in SLO. The manager was beyond rude and very ignorant. They charged my debit card twice and overdrew my account. When i brought this to their attention the manager told me that was my problem and I needed to talk to bank. It was ridiculous. When i was in the lobby there were 3 other unsatisfied guests. One couple had been overcharged. One's sing was not working and the other had no toilet paper in their room. This was a nightmare!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EricaLopez
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed here one night and I am glad we did not stay longer. Supposedly they were undergoing renovations, however sometimes I get the feeling that is what management in some of these places say in order to "excuse " the appearance of things. Location is okay and the price was decent. I think the thing that creeped me out were the stains on the carpets and the bird poop that covered the chairs which were out on the back balcony which was filthy.San Luis Obispo is a fun city, so if you plan on staying in this city, I would suggest finding another hotel. I suppose for one night , it will do.....if there are no other reasonably priced rooms available in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariannek18360
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We spent a night here on the way down the coast. The major selling point of this hotel is the price. The location is fine for the centre of San Luis Obispo, which is only a 10 minute or so walk away. The rooms were a reasonable size, but really needed updating. The style of the bed covers and soft furnishings was that of 1980. The hotel's restaurant was closed for what looked like a fairly major renovation. There was free wireless internet. If you need to make an overnight stop then this place is okay, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay here for any longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple