“Neva Evahhhhh! (In my Chris Tucker voice)”

Ramada San Luis Obispo
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I were in town for one night for our son's football game. I made a reservation for a room with two Queen beds. I was given a quote of 71.19 but on arrival the lady at the desk gave me a total of 133.00! I explained that there must be a mistake. She called a gentleman to the front who I assume was her husband. I explained to him that I spoke with a female and that was certainly not the price quoted. He asked for my confirmation number not thinking that I might actually have it...I screenshotted (if thats a word lol!) all my info on my iPad. He was surprised to see I had all pertinent information and proceeded to act as if he were trying to call their company for a "deal"...I told him that would not be acceptable and if I didn't get the price I was quoted hat I would be canceling my card info...well needless to say I left there irate as hell and drove back home after my son's game. The place in person did not fully represent the display on the Internet. I believe they are in business to rip off customers! Please do not waste your time! Do not book a room at this place...CROOKS!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 29 September 2013

If you wanted to spend a real scary Halloween this year stay in this place.We had a reservation to stay in this place over a month ago before we came and was promised to pay $80.10 for one night with a confirmation no. given to me by the general manger (by the way she is the only woman who works there & the rest are men). We called again to add another day due to a school activity @ Cal Poly and the person who answered said the the price was $119.86 even though I have the confirmation no. he said it does not exist and he goes by the date we were coming. I ended up being charge $234.15 for 2 nights ,with AAA discount and was charged $88 plus on the second day.The computer was down when we arrived so customers were in line. The room smells,the towel got holes,the chair sunk in when you sit on it. We have to cover the chairs with towels before we sat on it.So filthy.No good source of AC,their orange juice taste like water,the toaster doesn't work,not much choices for breakfast and the staff was friendly.If you ask who the manager is, 1 staff points the other & vice-versa.Even the "only" woman who was the manager declined, but in the "welcome binder" found in each room her name was there. We saw her coming in & out on her Mercedes Benz several times.Irresponsible staff. Nobody wanted to take accountability of their jobs.Overall,in a word the place is CRUMMY.AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE.Don't let the name RAMADA deceive you.

Room Tip: Read reviews of other travelers before booking a place to stay.I did not read the reviews before I b...