“relaxing place.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellflower, California
“relaxing place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I love embasy in San Luis Obispo,people they are very friendly people slow life sometime we need that get away from LA. We are going there on Dec to just relax, lot's of good restaurant in that areas.

Room Tip: I was in high floor, room was very clean room attendant they realy pay attention to detail.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Millie501;

So glad you were able to escape and relax with us during your recent visit. Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our staff being so friendly, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments. We look forward to seeing you again in December.

All the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Korean first
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Located close to the freeway which is a plus for finding the hotel, a minus for actually staying there. We booked a King Suite & were put on the freeway side of the hotel. Our room was very noisy. We have stayed in other hotels near the freeway & the quality of construction of those hotels blocked most of the sound. This is not the case at this hotel.
The room was spacious, clean & comfortable, however if you book here, request your room on the other side of the hotel.
Breakfast is free, but skip the scrambled eggs & bacon in the buffet line. The eggs were runny & the bacon was overcooked. They do offer a made to order omelet option so that might be the better way to go for breakfast.
Located by the freeway at the end of a shopping center this is not the hotel to book for anything but convenience.

Room Tip: Book your room on the non freeway side of the hotel. Very noisy rooms due to freeway noise!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear NatalieEllen;

Thank you for your recent post regarding your stay. Though I was happy to see that you found your room accommodations spacious, clean and comfortable I was certainly disappointed that you found the location of your guest room suite noisy. Your comments regarding our complimentary breakfast are duly noted and I will ensure that your feedback is given to our Executive Chef; this is a great amenity that we offer to our guests and we want it be top notch. Again, thank you so much for your feedback and I wish you all the best.
arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

As a Hilton Gold member I expect some consideration when I stay at a Hilton property.

Certainly none was in evidence when my husband attempted to cancel the last night of our 6 night stay - 3 days in advance. His 98 year old aunt had suffered a broken hip and we were to travel to N Ca. to see her.

He was told we would have to pay a higher rate for all 6 nights in order to cancel the last night or - a special deal - a $75 fee to cancel the last night - for nothing!

When he asked for and got the manager , the argument escalated as he was basically told he was a liar! She threatened to throw us out of the hotel when he flipped her off while leaving. We stayed as booked and spent over $1000. there - after being so shabbily treated.

The hotel offered a special bonus of Hilton points for eating in their restaurant . We did on 4 occasions , and earned 3500 points which were to be credited within 3 to 5 business days max. In spite of numerous calls to Hilton Honors and one to the hotel , we are still waiting 11 business days later. Petty retribution from this so called manager - since we were told it had to be processed thru her.

Hopefully the hotel GM will take action to rid themselves of this most unpleasant character. The rest of the staff - throughout the hotel was pleasant and helpful throughout our stay for the California Photo Festival.

Note- In spite of our rate for the first 5 nights being quoted on line -( months in advance when booked) - at the same time and at the same rate as the first 5 nights out of 6 actually booked (the last night was higher - but unrelated to the other preceding 5 nights) -- we were told we got a special rate for the 6 nights and if we cancelled - penalties would be applied to the 5 nights we stayed. An obvious scam!

Room Tip: avoid anything facing on the 101 freeway - better yet - go Quality Inn in SLO.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear murrlaw;

My sincere thoughts go to you and your family regarding the injury of your husband's aunt; I truly hope that her condition is improving. I would also like to thank you for your Gold status with Hilton. I am incredibly disappointed with how this incident escalated. While we do our very best to follow Hilton brand standards regarding length of stay requirements there are obviously circumstances that occur which deserve further consideration. In addition, I will personally look into the points you are due associated with your in-house dining. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and I will share your overall experience with our team to ensure that we never have an incident escalate to this level again. I wish you and your family all the best!
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I should remove one star because after having very good experiences at the Embassy Suites which allowed me to bring my well-behaved dog, I now find out that I made reservations that I may have to cancel because I noticed that they no longer allow dogs. I will call and check, but if not dogs are allowed, I will not only have to change my hotel plans, but also have to find another hotel in the area that is pet friendly.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear localyokel219:

Thank you for your previous stays at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo and for your kind words regarding your stays. Unfortunately you are correct, we no longer allow pets at our hotel since January of this year. Service animals, of course, are still allowed. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this will cause you with future reservations. I wish you all the best.
Arcata, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Good location -- quiet, easy access from Highway 101 and to road to Los Osos. Lots of mall options close by. Seems over-priced a little, given average quality of "free" breakfast and low quality "free" wine and snack options in afternoon. Good hosting spot for the California Photo Festival run by LIGHT Photo Workshops.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear marksyd2730;

Thank you for your recent stay and I hope that you enjoyed your conference. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel's location as many guests do. We do our very best to provide quality comp services at breakfast and our evening reception; your comments are heard and well received. I wish you all the best.
minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

The entire week stay at the SLO Embassy Suite was outstanding, clearly a 10 out of 10. The staff was very helpful, the happy hours was so perfect after a day in the field. The breakfasts were perfect from crispy bacon, made to order omelettes and warm oatmeal. The rooms are so spacious that you get that at-home feeling

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear poppiede;

I was so very glad to read that you had such an overall great stay. Like many of our guests I was happy to see that you enjoyed our comp breakfast, our evening reception and that you enjoyed your guest room suite accommodations. And we receive many positive comments regarding our staff. Thank you for your outstanding feedback as well and I will certainly pass it on to our team. I wish you all the best.
Lake Worth, Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel was very hard to find. Though the address is 333 Madonna Road, and the GPS takes you to 333 and says "arriving at destination on right" the building is actually located 2 blocks off of Madonna Rd. on a side street.
However, once we found the hotel it was a typical Embassy Suites. The suite was spacious and the bed was comfortable. We were a little disappointed with the managers evening reception, while the drinks were quite good, they only served chips, salsa and fresh cut carrots and celery. No hot food. At other Embassy Suites that we have stayed at, hot food was served. I guess they are trying to cut back expenses wherever they can. But the breakfast was hot and delicious.

Dear baldharv;

Thank you for your stay and for your feedback. I was happy to read that your found your guest room suite spacious and comfortable. Thank you as well for your comments regarding our evening reception. Your feedback is well received and we do our best to follow brand guidelines which does not include hot food items. Again, thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again. All the best.