“Embassy Suites--San Luis Obispo”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We have traveled to San Luis Obispo twice a year for the last 17 years. We have noticed a general decline in the quality of this establishment in just the last year. Some major maintenance needs to occur. When we stayed for three nights in a "disabled access" room, the ceiling started leaking on our last night. What??? At least we got that night free, but come on, what is going on here?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read that you had a ceiling leak in your guest room suite on the last night of your stay. We work very hard to ensure each suite is well maintained and I can assure you that we responded to the leak issue in your room immediately. I was glad to see that my staff compensated you appropriately and your last night stay.

Thank you for your many visits over the years and we certainly hope to have you continue staying with us in the future.

All the best!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed one night only but my experience was enjoyable. The breafast and happy hour were the reason I chose this hotel. The food, drink and the services were outstanding. The location is only problem with this hotel. I have three GPS nagivation systems in the car but I can't find the hotel. The hotel should have a bigger sign at the main road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear lekhoi_2000;

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast, our evening reception and our service. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is well situated near the Madonna Inn, downtown and restaurants. If you forget something there are a number of stores within walking distance. The breakfast is a plus, especially the made to order eggs or daily special. It is pleasant and a nice place to stay when in San Luis Obispo or visiting Cal Poly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear BKawahara;

Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay. Your feedback regarding our convenient location, local shopping and complimentary cook to order breakfast is echoed by many of our guests. We look forward to having you back for another pleasant stay.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

My overall experience was very enjoyable. It is a lovely hotel with a nice ambiance and very comfortable rooms. The decor of the hotel and the rooms is most pleasing, The food was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Janet H;

Thank you for your recent visit to Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo. Very happy to see that you found our hotel lovely, our guest rooms suites comfortable and the overall décor pleasing. Also glad that you had the opportunity to try our delicious food. Until next time, safe travels.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

When my Aunt Mary turned 100, she chose to spend her big day with her daughter, Merrill and visiting family from Massachusetts, at the Embassy Suites in San Luis Obispo. Upon check,-in Aunt Mary was overwhelmed when she was personally welcomed by, Kevin Phipps, General Manager (as she later explained, "of the whole place"!), who, of course congratulated her on her 100th.

In a "surprise" event, the staff sang "Happy Birthday" in the sparkling Atrium and the Executive Chef, Keith Sowell, "personally baked presented" his specially designed, chocolate cake made with California's best chocolate and 3 candles of "100". The cake was "To die for", as they say.

The Embassy has been Mary's and Merrill's choice of "staycations" for many years. They chose the Embassy once again for the big day, for easy of use, wonderful breakfast, happy hour, newspapers and a wonderful atrium, the place where the family visited and played Trivial Pursuit.
My experience in working with Kirsten Jegsen, Director of Sales, who arranged all of this, was excellent. I just told her about the 100th; and she was off and running.

Thank you, Kirsten, Keith, Kevin and your wonderful staff for you attention and caring.

Room Tip: For the vision impaired, room 109 and 110 are bright and very accessible to two exits for easy in an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Travelmoretomorrow;

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly our honor and our pleasure to welcome your Aunt to the San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites for her 100th birthday celebration. What a wonderful legacy and we were very excited to play a small role in the festivities. Your Aunt has such a wonderful spirit and personality and we truly enjoyed meeting here.

I hope that your Aunt has many more birthday celebrations ahead and you are certainly always welcome back to Embassy Suites.

Warm Regards,

Kevin Phipps

Reviewed 14 November 2013

My stay was excellent. I would definitely return to your hotel in SLO and tell my friends to stay there as well. When scheduling conferences for my place of employment I will definitely recommend the conference be held at SLO Embassy Suites. Thank you.

Dear Veronica M;

Thank you for the wonderful comments that you posted regarding your stay at Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo. Sounds like you had a great conference and hopefully we will so you again soon for another conference in San Luis Obispo.

Thanks again and I wish you all the best!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Always enjoy my stay at Embassy Suites. The hotel staff greets me by my name and makes me feel very welcome. I enjoy the breakfast buffet and they have an excellent fitness center. Also, it's close to Cal Poly where I conduct my business.

Dear JoElla B;

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo for your recent visit. I was pleased to see that our staff greeted you on a personal level and made you feel at home. It was nice to read that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, our fitness center and our close proximity to Cal Poly University, amenities of our hotel that many guests enjoy.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

All the best,