This was one of the worst experiences I've had at a Hilton property and I will never be back to this location. I mistakenly made a reservation that was one day longer than I was able to stay. I didn't realize it until the day before I wanted to check out, so I approached the front desk and spoke with someone who identified himself as the manager. I told him I would like to check out a day early and he told me that was fine, but that they would charge me a $75 early departure fee. I've checked out early at many other hotels before without a fee, but the manager would not budge. When I showed him that his own website listed the early departure fee as 0% (http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/embassy-suites-san-luis-obispo-SLOCAES/about/policies.html), he told me that 0% "is not a dollar amount, so we can charge whatever we need to." Obviously 0% of literally any amount is $0, but he was not able to understand that logic. He then told me that the checkin document I signed was a legal contract between the hotel and myself, and that the early departure fee was a sort of breach-of-contract penalty. However, since their own website stated differently and there was no mention of the change in percentage at checkin, the "contract" he mentioned was a joke and not enforceable. Furthermore, I gave them more than 24 hours notice compared to when their typical cancellation time is, so if this had been a separate reservation just for the day, there wouldn't be a problem. I am very upset with this location, but the Hilton corporate customer service was able to make things right for me. This location must be a franchise, because they do not represent the brand well.
The hotel is old, run down, and dark in the lobby since there are only skylights. However, it is clean and the breakfast and housekeeping staff do a wonderful job. The internet left something to be desired, as the signal was very weak in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive complimentary breakfast and cocktails & snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The on-site restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access (charge included). Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo is 100% non-smoking and a $300 fee will be added when smoking in a non-smoking room or suite. This hotel also has a late check-out policy of a half day rate up until 4PM. After 4PM, the late check-out policy becomes a full day rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites