My wife and I have until now had very good experiences with Embassy Suites hotels. Had made prior reservation and arrived 1/2/2014; the place was fully booked. We ordered dinner and ate in the room. Later that evening my wife became extremely nauseated. She had not been this sick in many, many years. We did not at the time associate this with the food or utensils.
The following morning we went to the dining area for the complementary breakfast. Every knife, spoon and fork we grabbed was dirty. The second or third fork pulled from the container was the straw that "broke" the camel's back! The fork was "covered" with what appeared to be dry egg yolk and who knows what else.
Asked to speak with the individual in charge of the food area and the chief came out from the kitchen/cooking area. He was shown several filthy utensils and immediately had staff begin pulling the containers holding the knives, forks, spoons, etc.
This nauseating experience was relayed to staff at the front hotel desk. Mind you; this was not one or two pieces of silverware. It was as though nothing had been washed after the last meal.
It was absolutely disgusting. You should never say "never" but, in this case we have made an exception. We would "never" go back to this particular hotel again.
Side Note: The next evening we stayed at the Embassy Suites in San Rafael, CA as our stays there have always been excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near SLO Wine country and gorgeous beaches, this hotel is perfect for your San Luis Obispo vacation! All guests receive complimentary breakfast and cocktails & snacks at the nightly evening reception and spacious, two-room suites. The hotel offers a shuttle to the famous SLO Farmer's market for $4 round-trip every Thursday night. The on-site restaurant, Greenhouse Grill and Cafe, offers delicious Californian cuisine. Enjoy an indoor pool, 24-hour business center, 24-hour fitness center and high speed Internet access (charge included). Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo is 100% non-smoking and a $300 fee will be added when smoking in a non-smoking room or suite. This hotel also has a late check-out policy of a half day rate up until 4PM. After 4PM, the late check-out policy becomes a full day rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo Hotel San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo Embassy Suites