“Nice hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had trouble finding the hotel, went to the address as per the GPS, and could not find it. Ended up asking at a local restaurant, and it was where the GPS has said it was, but right down the back of a heap of shops, and cannot be seen from the road. It would have been helpful if this had been mentioned by the hotel. Once there, no problems. Room was small, with 2 beds, and a small lounge which was swallowed once we opened the sofa bed, but we were not in the room long, so it was not a real issue. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice, and lots of seating. We got there in time for the tail end of afternoon drinks, which were nice. The night market in San Luis Obispo was on the night we were there, and was well worth the trip. We missed the hotel shuttle, but we had a car, so no problem to drive in, and staff were helpful with directions. This was the only hotel from our 4 weeks in the US where internet was not free, so we did not bother with it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shoeberry
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Shoeberry;

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. Regarding being a bit hard to find, we have worked extensively with our on-line partners to improve directions to our hotel; it is located at the back end of the shopping center and can be a bit difficult to find if it's the first time at our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our complimentary cook to order breakfast and our evening reception.

We certainly hope to see you back again soon. All the best!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed this hotel quite frequently when I travel to the area on business and it has been on a constant decline. The rooms were very dated with mold in the bathroom (multiple rooms I have stayed in have had this mold/mildew green stuff). I drew the line when on my most recent stay I was rained on during a storm. My room leaked and it continued across the ceiling until it hit my bed. I moved to another room, but that was the last straw. In addition, it has been nearly two months since this stay and the promised points have yet to be credited to my account. The corporate office was finally able to help me out today as the hotel isn't even responding to them. I'm sure I sound bitter and mad because I am. I highly suggest not staying here. The Hampton Inn nearby is very nice, as is the Hilton Garden Inn in Pismo, either of those are leaps and bounds better than this dump. They have informed me they plan a renovation soon, but I don't think they can do anything to win back by business at this point.

Room Tip: Pick the Hampton Inn!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Linedpaper;

I offer my sincere apologies for what you have experiened and offer no excuses; you have every right to be upset. Your comments regarding mold, the room leak and us not rewarding you the points promised are very concerning to me and certainly unacceptable. Your comments have my direct attention and my immediate follow up.

In order to make this right I ask that you please contact me at the hotel and give me the opportunity to bring a meaningful resolution to your overall concerns. As a team we do take great pride in Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, so please give us another chance to win you back.

Kevin Phipps

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staff was great. Management had everything planned out before we arrived and our meetings flowed perfectly because of it. The food was great, the chef is remarkable. Our evening reception not only tasted great, it looked even better. The set-up staff gets everything done professionally and on time. They also adapt to changes; and then made it feel like nothing had been changed. Great bunch of folks.

Dear Thomas F;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So glad that you enjoyed our overall food, our evening reception and that you found our set-up staff helpful. Our team works very hard to adapt and be flexible with all guest needs.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice hotel with nice accomodations. I would stay again for business or pleasure. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I was pleased with the amenities and the breakfast. Great place for business!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sharon W;

Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff and the amenities of our hotel. Hope to see you back soon for your next business or leisure trip.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel needs to be refresh. It's tired and dated in the rooms. The staff is great and the breakfast is wonderful. Lots of families , so very noisy. The menu need to be updated as well. I got nothing extra as diamond member. wish they had a regular Hilton in the area. Great area.

Dear Fernando S;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments regarding our great staff and our complimentary breakfast. I would also like to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand and recognize your Diamond status which is very important to us. Due to our hotel's destination location and configuration we do have many families that stay with us. It can get a bit noisy at times as you mentioned; that being said, my apologies for the noise factor.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we truly hope to see you back for a future visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days during a conference in the same hotel. I got to San Luis Obispo airport around 10:15pm and called the hotel to see if the shuttle was operating but unfortunately it wasnt so plan ahead if you are considering taking it after 10p thank God somebody in the airport knew a taxi-man and called him as there were no taxis at that hour. I enjoyed my stay, the two room suite and particularly the cook to order breakfast...and the chocolate cupcakes are amazing. I used their Gym and it was very decent with two modern elliptical and I think three treadmills a bike and weights, all very clean. I also used their $4 shuttle service to go to the Farmers Market which was a great deal for those of us without car. I got some groceries in a nearby Ralphs and used the fridge and microwave for simple stuff. They also had an evening reception with free beer, wines and snacks but I didnt tried those however everybody looked pleased. I will say the only downside is that is not in downtown but if you have a car that shouldn't be a problem

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear silarem;

Thank you for your great comments and I was very glad to see that you were able to stay with us over a 5 day period. Looks like you were able to take full advantage of our two room suites, our comp cook to order breakfast and our recently updated fitness center. Perhaps next time you will be able to take advantage of our comp evening reception. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Embassy Suites in SLO is an excellent hotel within the Hilton network. Our family thoroughly enjoyed the experience--everything from the complimentary breakfast to the wonderful amenities. It was great to be close to attractive destinations such as Hearst Castle and Pismo Beach. We would most definitely return in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura C

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. Sounds like your family had an excellent visit and were able to take advantage of nearby attractions such as Hearst Castle. We appreciate your business and we truly hope to see you back in the near future.