“nice facility”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A bit overpriced, good facility, clean, staff nice, but not observed to be proactively helpful/friendly on the day we stayed. I suspect it was an off day. The sign on Madonna Road is far from the hotel and not very big. Not a problem to find if you already know roughly where it is though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Andrew H;

I appreciate the comments regarding our facility and cleanliness. Very sorry to hear that you did not find our staff proactively helpful. Thank you for the feedback and I will share with the team so that we can improve.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Clean, safe, great location, and friendly staff. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to coming back. I would definitely recommend Embassy Suites to anyone. Located by a variety of restaurants, malls, and main streets.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patricia W;

Very happy that you were able stay at Embassy Suites during your recent visit to San Luis Obispo. Great to see that you found our hotel to be clean, safe and in a great location. We hope your travels bring you back to the area soon.

All the best.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel is inviting, conveniently located, reasonably priced, and has great service. Rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception is a nice touch, and the open air feeling is very nice. Overall, a great value when visiting the San Luis Obispo area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Pamela E;

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback regarding your recent stay. Looks like you were able to take full advantage of the many amenities the hotel has to offer. We very much look forrward to seeing you on your next visit to SLO.

All the best!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had trouble finding the hotel, went to the address as per the GPS, and could not find it. Ended up asking at a local restaurant, and it was where the GPS has said it was, but right down the back of a heap of shops, and cannot be seen from the road. It would have been helpful if this had been mentioned by the hotel. Once there, no problems. Room was small, with 2 beds, and a small lounge which was swallowed once we opened the sofa bed, but we were not in the room long, so it was not a real issue. Breakfast was good, plenty of choice, and lots of seating. We got there in time for the tail end of afternoon drinks, which were nice. The night market in San Luis Obispo was on the night we were there, and was well worth the trip. We missed the hotel shuttle, but we had a car, so no problem to drive in, and staff were helpful with directions. This was the only hotel from our 4 weeks in the US where internet was not free, so we did not bother with it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue S

Dear Shoeberry;

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. Regarding being a bit hard to find, we have worked extensively with our on-line partners to improve directions to our hotel; it is located at the back end of the shopping center and can be a bit difficult to find if it's the first time at our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our complimentary cook to order breakfast and our evening reception.

We certainly hope to see you back again soon. All the best!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed this hotel quite frequently when I travel to the area on business and it has been on a constant decline. The rooms were very dated with mold in the bathroom (multiple rooms I have stayed in have had this mold/mildew green stuff). I drew the line when on my most recent stay I was rained on during a storm. My room leaked and it continued across the ceiling until it hit my bed. I moved to another room, but that was the last straw. In addition, it has been nearly two months since this stay and the promised points have yet to be credited to my account. The corporate office was finally able to help me out today as the hotel isn't even responding to them. I'm sure I sound bitter and mad because I am. I highly suggest not staying here. The Hampton Inn nearby is very nice, as is the Hilton Garden Inn in Pismo, either of those are leaps and bounds better than this dump. They have informed me they plan a renovation soon, but I don't think they can do anything to win back by business at this point.

Room Tip: Pick the Hampton Inn!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Linedpaper;

I offer my sincere apologies for what you have experiened and offer no excuses; you have every right to be upset. Your comments regarding mold, the room leak and us not rewarding you the points promised are very concerning to me and certainly unacceptable. Your comments have my direct attention and my immediate follow up.

In order to make this right I ask that you please contact me at the hotel and give me the opportunity to bring a meaningful resolution to your overall concerns. As a team we do take great pride in Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo, so please give us another chance to win you back.

Kevin Phipps

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staff was great. Management had everything planned out before we arrived and our meetings flowed perfectly because of it. The food was great, the chef is remarkable. Our evening reception not only tasted great, it looked even better. The set-up staff gets everything done professionally and on time. They also adapt to changes; and then made it feel like nothing had been changed. Great bunch of folks.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thomas F;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. So glad that you enjoyed our overall food, our evening reception and that you found our set-up staff helpful. Our team works very hard to adapt and be flexible with all guest needs.

Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice hotel with nice accomodations. I would stay again for business or pleasure. The staff was very friendly and helpful and I was pleased with the amenities and the breakfast. Great place for business!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
GMrgEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Luis Obispo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sharon W;

Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff and the amenities of our hotel. Hope to see you back soon for your next business or leisure trip.

All the best!