Rose Garden Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
  • Pool
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
All reviewsmargie's dinersliding glasshot tubrefrigerator and microwavegreat poolmorro baybudget hotelroom was largewould stay here againroom was clean and comfortablehearst castleflat screencentral coaststayed one nightcookiesrosesdaniel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Staff was very friendly and flexible when we asked about staying an additional night, even though we weren't ready to commit to it at the time we asked. Also,we got there during a heat wave and they made sure our room had a working air conditioner. I'm rating this place a "4" only because it is very basic. It actually rates more like a "5" when compared to other places charging comparable prices.

Room Tip: We just asked for a quiet room, which they were able to accommodate.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Chris K, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much for such a nice review and such a great rating, but mostly we want to thank you for picking us when you had so many hotels in the area to chose from. We sincerely appreciate our guests and hope they all get a chance to come back and see us again soon....especially since that heat wave is now over and all you need is an open window for some fresh air!
Daniel Ibarra

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed at the Rose Garden Inn June 28, 2013 I picked this place since the pictures on the site looked really nice but when I got their I was wrong. The room I was in was 211 and was very old the shower was clogged up and I had water up to my ankles, my 14 year old son could not unlocked the bathroom door he was stuck inside the restroom until the maid came down to open it with the key, do not stay alone in that room cause if you closed the restroom door you might now be able to open it.

Inside the restroom the door handle had pieces of metal and I cut my hand trying to open the door and the mattress foundation looked very old with urine stains. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else when I had brought up my concerns to the lady at the front desk she said she will tell the manager but no one ever contacted me.

Room Tip: Stay out of room 211
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shelly862

Dear Shelly862,
I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to review The Rose Garden Inn, in San Luis Obispo, and for speaking with me on the phone. Since your review, we have changed the lock on the bathroom door, fixed the slow drain, and addressed your concerns about the mattress. We very rarely get poor reviews, and our goal is to make it so we never get poor reviews. You have helped us in that matter tremendously. We hope your stay with us did not dampen your visit to the Central Coast and that you will come to our area again soon.
Daniel Ibarra

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The room we were given has such massive space! The room has a fridge and a microwave. The entire property is very clean and well maintained. If I ever pass by San Luis Obispo again, I'll definitely spend the night here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

A great hotel in SLO,Ca. Amazing flowers and a quiet setting make The Rose Garden a beautiful location for a wedding proposal or vacation. The roses are beautiful but the people make this hotel 5 star. I'll highlight two of many great employees. First Adrian BBQ master....Free Monday through Thursday dinner and he is the master. Although I missed Mondays spaghetti and meatballs, I can personally say his Tri tip BBQ on Tuesday and Thursday were top shelf! With this being a CLC work hotel, Adrian had an amazingly fun posse.(A few local California long term hotel residents working in SLO) helping him to keep food flowing smoothly, in a buffet line style of service.I thought Wednesday's burgers and Hot Dogs were great as well. What a great highlight of the company trip, as this author, did his carne dance on Thursday for more Tri tip BBQ and grilled cactus. A great help as well, was Mary at the front desk/guest services.My co-worker needed multiple fax pages sent, and she helped him get it done.(With a smile) The company's fax on the other end was challenging. I must say Mary won me over with her sweet personality, and helpfulness, but fresh coffee didn't hurt either. If in the area, I think this hotel is a great destination hotel. These two superstars, are only a couple of the many friendly people, that keep this hotel running smoothly. It was my second stay at the Rose Garden and I know I'll be back for sure! I'd like to nominate both these co-workers for employees of the month, as they made our work trip fun and relaxing. (Give these guys gold stars and stay here with NO FEAR ) Check out nearby Solvang. Wineries galore !!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Best hot tub ever.....waterfalls and volcano smoke. Bring your harem players...lol.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel.It was comfortable, nice and not noisy even if the highway is closely.
People in the hotel are veru friendly. The location is perfect because you hace access to supermarket and restaurants and also of course the highway to continue your trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple