“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
San Diego, California
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family about 10 years ago, give or take and my memories of it are far from what it is today. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has had some updates, mainly the carpet, furniture, and most importantly mattress! The mattress was very comfortable, and the pillows were the best I have slept on in a long time.

The pool has been updated as well, and there is now a large jacuzzi with a volcano/waterfall. It is very pretty, and so relaxing. I felt like I was on a vacation!

All of the staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Lake Arrowhead, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Perfect little place to make your stay in San Luis Obispo perfect. Staff were more than friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Easy access to the city and even easier to the beach (Avila). Very good value for the money. If we go back, the Rose Garden Inn will be our stopping place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Colleen74_11
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We booked the Rose Garden Inn based on its website description and Trip Advisor reviews. We crossed our fingers, hoping our overnight stay would be acceptable.

We were pleased that our stay turned out to offer not only value, but a clean, well-equipped room with access to a huge, empty hot tub. The Inn even provided towels to be used for the clean and well maintained pool/spa. The Rose Garden Inn was just what we needed after a day on the train and a rainy afternoon spent in and around SLO.

Lulu at the Front Desk greeted us with a welcoming smile (she had also helped us book our reservation via telephone earlier in the week, offering a 10% AAA discount). We were initially given Room 116, however due to a nearby cookout for contractors staying at the Inn, we requested to be moved and were quickly accommodated to Room 106. Our room was a Premier King-Size room and it was equipped with everything higher-priced hotels offer (sizable refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker w/coffee and tea, blow dryer, plenty of outlets, great wi-fi, thick cotton towels, and more).

The Rose Garden Inn met all of our needs and I recommend it to those needing a place to stay in and around SLO.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank L_Gunning
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

An oasis in a truck stop, a beautiful spa and courtyard make you feel like you are a million miles away from the freeway but you are right there.

Friendly, accommodating and pleasant...I would return in a heartbeat. Plus when I pushed the wrong button on the vending machine and got flaming Cheetos the manager took them off my hands and gave me change out of his own pocket so I could get a granola bar.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Michelle B
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went with friends to San Luis Obispo, Ca For sight seeing and winery visits so much fun Stayed at Rose inn. Very clean and the pool and jacuzzi was fabulous. Close to downtown and wineries, and beaches.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tina B
Soquel, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

My mother and i traveled to San Luis Obispo for the sad occasion of her bother's funeral. We stayed at the Rose Garden Inn and really found it quite pleasant! While the hotel itself is probably quite old, they've done well to upgrade things. Our downstairs rooms had full sliding glass doors that stepped directly out onto a pretty grassy lawn area and led to the pool nearby. The room was very comfortable and contained all the things you'd like to have like small frig, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, etc.

What I'd like to comment on particularly is how very wonderful the manager and staff were! They could not have been more friendly and pleasant and helped us find our way around town, recommended restaurants and showed a genuine and sincere interest in making our stay as nice as possible.m

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms have the double slider that opens directly onto the grassy lawn are. Nice! Al...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel has been a great, easy access location to stay in, in the past. Daniel (manager) and staff have been extremely accommodating and so nice...making sure I had everything I needed, and always have such great recommendations for anything I've wanted to do in the area (site seeing, dinner spots, best wine tasting, etc). Location couldn't be better.. centrally located in the middle of everything (quick 10 minute drive to Pismo, Shell Beach, Avila Beach, Morro Bay, Cal Poly, etc). I stayed here last year with all these feelings about property, but forgot to write a great review of my experience..sorry :) Since my last stay, they've upgraded many of the rooms, and sounds like they are doing many upgrades to the rest of property by March 2014...absolutely LOVE all the new furniture in these rooms, amazing how nice they are! Can't wait for my next stay when I return to the area in another month. Thank you again for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business