“I don't think we'll stay again”
Review of Rose Garden Inn

Rose Garden Inn
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Was visiting Cal Poly with my son and looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the area. The tripadvisor reviews seemed pretty good so thought we'd give it a try. Overall the room was fine except it didn't feel as clean as I'd like. Just a bit on the grungy side. It was quiet and not expensive for the area, but would rather stay in Arroyo Grande and drive a bit farther to the campus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Daniel I, General Manager at Rose Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for your kind review regarding our hotel. We are glad that you found the hotel affordable. We have just completed the remodel of our rooms. They are all fresh and beautifully furnished. Unfortunately, some of our guests had been assigned the older version of the hotel as our remodel was underway, so we hope you come back and take another look.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is an older property a true motel, that has been updated and renovated to a good standard. The rooms are well maintained but small. The amenities are good and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I was more than happy with the value proposition here, recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 7 April 2014

THis property is kept up well but is obviously pretty old. It really suffers by being surrounded by several other newer, nicer properties. However, it was clean and quiet. We stayed on a Thursday evening so it wasn't full. The towels were nice and fluffy for a budget place and everything was clean and the carpet was nice. The hot tub and waterfall is interesting but I didn't get the tourists taking pictures of it. It appears that the back wing hosts out of town construction workers but they were gone early in the AM. FOr a budget place in a pinch, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 122 and I have no complaints
1  Thank kingsburgguy

Thank you for your review of our property. We really do get a lot of people taking photos of our spa and waterfall because it so beautiful and relaxing. We sincerely appreciate the time you took to report your experience and hope you come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a great stay with great employee's and amenities would stay again . Thank you so much Was great stay . I do not know what else to say. We loved the check in . We loved the towels we loved the restaurant next door .

Room Tip: Good Restaurant next door and coffee in lobby
2  Thank travler918
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here early March 2014 en route to San Francisco. We had taken the Amtrak from LA and had decided to break our trip roughly halfway. Although we were further from the station than we had planned, a short taxi ride got us there. The staff were very helpful and checked us in to a lovely room overlooking the pool and garden. After visiting the Farmers' Market downtown we spent a very peaceful night on comfortable beds. Next morning we breakfasted at Margie's next door - also recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank collectfridgemagnets
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend, when we first got there we were greeted by the front desk lady (Mary) she was really nice and helpful and made our check in fast. We stayed in a two bed room which was really spacious and clean. The room didn't have an iron but I called the front desk and had an iron and ironing board within a minute of my call! On Saturday we went out to breakfast next door and by the time we got back to our room the bathroom and room were just getting done cleaned again. It is very close to the stores and there's a target very close by. We accidentally locked ourselves out of the room but the manager Daniel (I think that's his name) quickly helped us and was great about it. There's also amazing hiking trails very near by so we'll for sure be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Thortiz
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love staying at the rose garden their pool and Jacuzzi are awesome the rooms are always clean and the service is just perfect its located just in the right place you got the downtown,markets,parks definitely my favorite hotel in San Luis Obispo

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dbe2014

Thank you so much for such a refreshing review!!! We get so many nice comments, and we sincerely appreciate the people who tell others about how great this hotel truly is! Please come and stay with us again soon!