“Bad News”
Review of Rose Garden Inn

Rose Garden Inn
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I also booked this trip on Hotwire. This was definitely the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. Here are a few reasons:
 Horrible smell
 See through sheets
 Flat, old pillows
 Laughable closet
 Broken toilet seat
 Peeling bath tub
 Dirty furniture
Honestly, I can’t believe any travel company would put this hotel as an option. If I had not arrived so late, we would have found another place to stay. Thankfully, we were only there one night.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank vistingyourtown

Reviewed 1 June 2009

This was booked on Hotwire, and billed by them as a two star hotel, even though most of the travel sites rate it as one star or less. No clock, no coffemaker, no shampoo, dirty, smelly, noisy and disgusting. Sheets and blankets you can see through. Highway workers who start their rigs at 5AM. The only thing remodeled here is the door locks. Nothing else. Motel 6 across the street is completely remodeled, cheaper, quieter and better. Beware booking on Hotwire, they don't abide by their own rating standards.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank maryzz
Reviewed 24 May 2009

There was mold all over the bathroom, everything we dirty and the worst was that someone wrote something on the wall. It said "Willy" and was written with something milky and white. Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2009

This was probably the most disgusting hotel I’ve every stayed in. By “Rose Garden” they probably mean the few rose bushes along the path to your room. We walk into the room and OK, it was old, and there were some bad stains on the carpet, but, yes, the view wasn’t bad.

And then, we sat down on the (stained) couch; I heard something crunch as I sat down and reached my hand into the side of the couch and find the adult reading material the last occupant left behind.

After being completely grossed out (yes, we all know what can happen in hotel rooms, I just don’t need to see proof) and refusing to touch that couch it only went down hill from there. The sheets and comforter were heavily stained, so I asked my traveling companion to get some clean sheets from down stairs thinking that well, if I pile enough sheets up, something should be clean, right?

Wrong. Not ONE that he brought back didn’t have stains on them. They had been cleaned, but not one was stain free. I covered the entire bed and pillows in them, and luckily had my own blanket and used that to cover the pillow.

I would never stay here again, especially with so many hotel options so close to town.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We had a leak coming from the ceiling it got our clothes wet and my daughters snacks wet. The person at the front desk didnt care said he coulnt do anyhting anyhting for us. He said that the manager would not be available for a week. This is one of the worst places i have ever stayed at.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We stayed at the Rose Garden and the people treated us like royalty. They had food for us 4 nights a week that was included with the room. The Front Desk was ALWAYS helpful. I'd like to thank them for that. I hope to go back and stay again and hope to have the same people. If you didnt stay here your loosing out.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Okay i can't comment on other exeriences ..but i didn't expect much rate was important as long as clean ..We stayed in downstairs pool room ..it was large,nicely furnished and exceptionally clean ..We were suprised David manager we think was very nice ..
Even offered to help with our luggage ..But we didn't expect that ..we were tired and wanted room ..We found had very nice garden pool setting ..we didn't use pool but very clean ..over all suprised ..it's not downtown on los osos rd exit ..Defintely use it if going to Pismo and didn't want pay their rates furthest exit south ,

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple