Madonna Inn
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$216
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$166
US$157
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
US$201
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$141
BestWestern.com
US$171
US$139
QualityInn
US$218
US$191
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
US$172
US$164
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$107
US$89
US$186
US$162
Agoda.com
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$118
1,743 results
All reviewsrock showercopper cafethemed roomsover the topcaveman roomrock wallsmadonna suitegold rush steakhousechampagne cakedifferent themekona rocksky roomheated toilet seatlove nestbucket listfilet mignonmen's bathroom
Reviewed 4 September 2012

MY wife and I stayed here on the first day of our honeymoon, driving up the coast to SF. It's totally weird here, but in the best way possible. The room was really great and unique, and the staff were all wonderful. I got a massage the next day and my wife went swimming in the beautiful swimming pool. Worth the extra few dollars. Also - the food at the restaurant was amazing!

Room Tip: They are all good!
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have visited the Madonna Inn a few times now and I LOVE IT! The fist time I visited I was worried it would be totally gross... it was... but in such a fun way! It's glitzy, it's tacky, it's sparkly and it's pink!

So for those of you who don't know, the hotel comprises of 110 themed rooms. Their website does it no justice at all, they are all much grander in person. I have stayed in Barrel of Fun, Austrian Suite and Jungle Rock. Barrel of Fun is beautiful with it's gold glitter wallpaper, fireplace and balconies. The Austrian Suite is huuuge and luxurious; and Jungle Rock is fun with an unforgettable bathroom. I am a big fan of decent water pressure and let me tell you, the showers in these rooms are the bomb!

The rest of the hotel is a blend of fairy lights, cherubs, wing back chairs and pink rose carpets... what more could a girl want? For pre- dinner drinks the Silver Bar is perfect, service has always been fast and friendly. The Gold Rush Steak House is out-of-this-world tacky and the food is great, including their popular pink champagne cake for dessert. The Copper Cafe is ideal for breakfast, coffee and pastries. The pool area is very pretty and has always been relatively quite when I have been there. They also have a fitness center and a spa.

So what don't I like about the Madonna Inn? Hmmm... some of the furnishings could do with updaing. Some of the throw cushions in the rooms look as though they have been used to mop the floor, some of the seating in the dining room is torn but it doesn't bother me enough to drop a star. Prices are a little high, but for such a unique experience I don't mind so much. The Inn is located by the freeway but on the plus side is in beautiful San Luis Obispo. All in all the Madonna Inn is one of my favorite places where I can sit back, relax and enjoy life.

Room Tip: The map on the website provides a guide to where each room is located. The ground floor and cave themed rooms are a little dark and do give the impression is being underground. There are no elevators so be warned you will be carrying your luggage up to your rooms if you are on the second and third floors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

this is such a rare and whacky thing, it's hard to review. firstly, the website does not do it justice at all. i looked at the pics on the site and thought it looked drab, dull and grimy. infact when you get there it's a palace of unashamed kitch fun, is bigger, cleaner and more hilarious than the website could ever make out. great pool/spa area, my room was very clean. hilarious japanese loo! and the bubblegum pink dining room is unique. i loved it. it's a very welcome break from 'design' or boring corporate hotels. it's just FUN.
only thing to mention is the sound-proofing wasn't great. could hear people talking upstairs!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This is the second time we stayed here - went for the Wilhelm Tell room, with a rock waterfall shower. So deliciously over the top. Lots to just walk around and gawk at. The bar is nice, breakfast was good. The pool was fabulous. Got there early in the morning before families arrived - absolutely serene.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We have passed this roadside attraction for years but it wasn't until a friends surprise birthday
party did we stay The Madonna. It was everything we anticipated as far as being over the top!
We stayed in room 201 "Elegance". It certainly had some elegant features BUT can we say the horribly old and stained carpet wasn't one of them.
The bathroom was done in a beautiful pink stone and the shower was modern and well lit which we used for a nightlight. The heated seat of the Toto toilet was an unexpected pleasue as was the
washlet feature, I believe I will be purchasing one myself, soon.
The sheets were crisp and clean so we were grateful to have them to drop
into after dining at Alex Madonna's Steakhouse, where we surprised our friend on his birthday.
All in all I'm happy to have experienced this piece of Americana with such delightful friends and thoughtful staff.

Room Tip: Go to the website which is perfect for finding your ideal room.