“Elegance at affordable pricing”
Review of Madonna Inn

Madonna Inn
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow! What an incredible experience. Surprised my wife with a Birthday week end. This was one that she will never forget. She ranked it as the best I've ever done. ! Cool! ! We stayed in the "Cabin Still" room and it was a masterpiece. All the rooms are individually themed. We look forward to going back and experiencing a different room and we are telling everyone we know about this location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe_Forgette, Manager at Madonna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

We are so pleased to hear that both you and your wife were happy with her birthday weekend! Thank you for choosing Madonna Inn for such a special occasion, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,702)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Not at all what I'd expected to find along the road when traveling with friends. It was during the first day of an classic muscle car show. The hotel was full of elderly travelers and their families; however, if you ever want to do something out of the ordinary and aren't scared of the color pink and traditional venues that harken back to the 50's, then this is the place for you. My friends and I chilled by the pool's large water fountain in peace. As a History buff and lover of the American Spirit; this place really appealed to me. Each room in the hotel has its own unique theme, and you can see through their windows if they're vacant. Be sure to choose your room knowing that function may follow form for some rooms; so ask about the standard hotel amenities before booking your room.

Room Tip: I always recommend paying more to get more when renting a room in any hotel; unless its a national c...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Pink, creepy, strange, pink, old, overdone, pink, dirty, weird. Those are the adjectives that describe this place.

The outside is starkly different from the inside. With beautiful grass fields, horses, rocky waterfalls and flowers...you might think you're entering a serene place but once inside, you'll probably have nightmares about pink and the movie The Shinning.

My mom and I did stop and have a piece of pie. An $8 PIECE of pie. The price was ridiculous but it was so rich and decadent - probably the best piece of apple pie I've ever had.

If you're passing through the area, this place is worth a stop but I definitely wouldn't return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Erin M
Reviewed 11 November 2013

this is the most beautiful hotel i have seeing... their restaurant is amazing, and this is the only place in the world i have seeing the men taking their women into their restroom... you will see why!
Food is excellent, and the rooms are so unique and incredible...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank egland s
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We just checked in to our Jr Suite. We booked online and requested one of two different rooms. We got here and were given a different room, one my wife didn't like at all. Not even a hair dryer! I guess I would have expected that they would have notified me that the room we requested was not available.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe_Forgette, Manager at Madonna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. When booking online unfortunately we cannot guarantee a particular room. If you are interested in staying in a particular one, please contact us directly and we can always check specific availability. When you reserve a room directly over the phone with us you are guaranteed into an accommodation. We do provide hair dryers in all of our rooms in the closets in a small bag. We hope you will consider giving us another try again in the future and please call us if you have any questions. It would be our pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very kitchsey patched together room that hurts the eyes initially but works well! We had a very pleasant stay for one night on a road trip. Drinks by the pool, dinner in the restaurant and a hearty breakfast in the coffee shop were all very good with excellent service. The staff at the Madonna Inn are all very warm and inviting and yet efficient. From the shuttle pick up at the train station through check out we were greeted and treated very happily! This is a place you must stay at least once!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night while travelling up through California last year. We knew what to expect as I had read about this hotel on multiple site. And it was everything I expected. Rooms where so much fun, water fall shower and etc! The staff were very very friendly and helpful with all aspects. I asked for a fridge and they brought it over immediately and hassle free. I would definitely return to try a new room. Must stay here at least once in your life!

Room Tip: Make sure you research the rooms before booking so you know what to ask for!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple