Madonna Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
Homestead Motel(San Luis Obispo)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Budget Inn SLO Cal Poly(San Luis Obispo)
1,731 results
All reviewsrock showercopper cafethemed roomsover the topcaveman roomrock wallsmadonna suitegold rush steakhousechampagne cakedifferent themekona rocksky roomheated toilet seatlove nestbucket listfilet mignonmen's bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Why other hotels are afraid to use color and originality escapes me. Just go into the Madonna Inn website and you will see what I mean. The pool area is top notch as was the steak house. Filet that has been cooked over an open wood fire brings a sweet smokiness - unforgettable. I can't wait to come back and check out another awesome and unique room. The front desk and all staff were as nice and professional as could be.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a fun place to stay! We stayed in the Kona Rock room and it was very comfortable. It seemed like we were in the Flinstones! The bathroom was really neat, all made of rock and the fire place added great atmosphere and warmth as it was cold and rainy that night. We used the hot tub and the pool and both were very nice. The bar was closed by the pool that evening. The "pink" restaurant was buzzing with all kinds of people. There was a band and there was dancing. We did not eat there and the food looked very expensive ($71 for Australian Lobster Tail). But we did have drinks and I had the lemon-coconut cake which was heavenly.
I would stay here again. The Madonna Inn is also a great stop if you drive from San Francisco to San Diego.

Room Tip: The place is pretty spread out. Must try the pool, it's very nice.
1  Thank Alecsandrina
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Love unusual hotels and The Madonna Inn has been on my wish list for YEARS, so i was worried it wouldn't live up to my expectations. When it was built, in the 50's, it was next to a small highway which unfortunately has grown in size ti become a very busy, noisy road. This bothered me for about 5 minutes then, after entering Madonna world, you forget.
We stayed in The Love Nest, although I originally wanted The Madonna Suite nothing can be guaranteed so i requested something similar....The Love Nest is almost the same. A beautiful room with all sorts of attention to detail to make your stay special. Outside, the first morning, the hillside was covered with Deer. The main restaurant is breathtaking, the cafe full of massive cakes(i had the pink champagne cake, best thing ever).
Pool area is gorgeous and very often i was there alone sitting in the jacuzzi watching the mountain waterfall (busy road? What road?). Treatments are pricey but worth it.
The staff were wonderful and everything exceeded expectation...we drove away happy, rested and with an urge to buy fairy lights.

Room Tip: When making a booking give a few examples of rooms you like the look of and they will allocate appropriately
2  Thank lolavegas084
Joe_Forgette, Manager at Madonna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your positive comments and are so pleased that we exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We have stayed at many properties and the Madonna Inn truly blew us away with it's uniqueness. They're more of a resort with rooms fairly spread apart (you will drive to your room). We stayed at the American Room and it was HUGE!! We had two beds and they even supplied two cribs for our toddler and newborn. The fireplace and lounge area was a nice touch as it allowed us to relax once the kids had gone to bed.

I love a toilet that washes and dries everything for you ;)... seriously we spent a good fifteen minutes marvelling the contraption. Only down side is that the tub was a bit high and difficult for 5 ft me to get in. Beyond that everything was amazing. The room was comfortable and very unique. I got a chance to see one the Madonna Suite with it's rock waterfall and must say I'll be back to experience that first hand!!

YES the cake is amazing. You MUST get a slice. It's definitely worth the $7.

Ensure you give yourself plenty of time to lounge by the pool and maybe even horseback ride up the mountain. Sunrise and Sunset was gorgeous here and walking around the property is highly recommended. We didn't dine at the resort but I did pop into the cocktail lounge around 10 p.m. with kids in tow. There was live music but it was a slow night - worked out perfectly for us as the toddler was able to dance and run around.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong! Check out their website to see pictures of each suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank YasHKinZ
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I just loved this place and everything about it. We stayed in the Dez room and the decor was beautiful, I wish I could have taken a look inside some of the other rooms, and I am already picking out what room I want to stay in on my next visit. The room was very clean and came with everything you need and more. Great nights sleep.

We went to the bar area, restaurant pool area and cafe in our visit and thought they were equally as lovely as our room. Great customer service, great options and great pink drinks! Oh and I live band with lots of people dancing on the dance floor - it seems like a popular spot, not just for hotel residents.

Great location, we went hiking in Prefumo Canyon, which has some surprisingly challenging trails. Shops and stores near by also. I just wished we had a chance to take advantage of more of the area, however we only stayed for two nights.

Can't wait to come back again!

Room Tip: If you want a specific room, call before making the booking, I called and they told me the room I wanted was available, then I went ahead and booked and called back to confirm I had that room.
2  Thank kerri_lousie

Thank you for your wonderful review of Madonna Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities as well as the local hiking options in the area. Prefumo Canyon is a beautiful area. For your next visit, the Lemon Groove Loop Trail or the Cerro San Luis Trail are located right near our property. Or if you are looking for something a little more adventurous, Bishops Peak offers amazing views from the top! We are looking forward to welcoming you back to try another room!