“Fun!”
Review of Madonna Inn

Madonna Inn
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

So fun! We stayed 2 nights and in 2 different rooms (by choice). It's tacky, it's gaudy, it's fantastic. Have an open mind and you'll have the best time. I see some reviews are whining because it looked like their grandma's bedrooms. Maybe so but it was so unique and interesting, who cares? Some rooms are funky, some are old fashioned, some have rocks. If you want to pick exactly what room you want, book directly with the hotel. It's a completely unique hotel and I find it fantastic. The staff all were lovely. The service in the Cafe was a little slow but the food was well worth it. The Eggs Benedict…well, I can't stop thinking about it. We took our bicycles with us and used the bike path to ride downtown. There is a hill and if you are on a beach cruiser like I was, you'll be pushing it up :) So worth it though. Will certainly go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This place really is like something out of a Salvador Dali dream. It's equally glamorous and plush as well as weird and wonderful. The rooms are all different (as you know) but they're comfortable enough too with perhaps the best toilets I've ever used (I won't ruin the surprise). A perfect stop off for roast trippers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful long weekend in SLO. Disappointed we only got to spend one night at this great location, but made the most of the infinity pool and two hot tubs. What a contrast effect from the place we stayed the night before! Would definitely recommend the steakhouse as well.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Kenneth S
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

PROS:
-sleeps 7 comfortably, which is great if you have a large family or group of friends
-mini fridge
-large living room area with plenty of sitting room for 7 people
-safe
-fire place
-check out at noon
-room seemed pretty clean considering how old everything is

CONS:
-check in is not until 4. Staff was not able to check us in "early"
-room decor
-a 3 bedroom suite should have 3 bathrooms, too!
-the ice machine in at our building was broken
-no microwave
-only the living room and master bedroom had a tv
-curtains fell down from the window

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We visited the Madonna inn on our one night stop in San Luis Obisbo.

The hotel is super unique- each room was different. We stayed in the Cabin Still room which had a rock floor and funky copper sink.

The pool was nice, but drinks were pretty pricy. We opted to drive downtown for dinner (it was about 8 minutes) which I would recommend because it's a super cute town.

While the room was unique, the bed was way to soft and very creaky. We were fine for one night, but if you are staying for longer I would find somewhere else.

beware- there is a $15 daily resort fee on top of your room stay

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank jenjenattack
Reviewed 21 May 2014

How on earth do you describe the Madonna Inn? Kitsch, cool, funky, fun and so full of character that it's not for the timid traveler. We stayed in the "Barrels of Fun" room and found it delightful. The rock shower was both exhilarating and a little scary (if you slip and fall, I'm certain a massive head injury would result) and the sparkly wallpaper made me laugh. It was very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the experience was miles away from the ordinary. The dining room was an explosion of pink and dinner was wonderful. The pool area was amazing and the waterfall was lovely. The service was great from the staff and they seem to understand that they have a unique gem on their hands and act accordingly. If you want normal: this is NOT the place for you. If you want to stay somewhere that will be remembered and a fun, cherished memory: stay at the Madonna. We loved it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scribble96
Joe_Forgette, Manager at Madonna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Barrel of Fun room and the overall experience here at Madonna Inn. We appreciate your positive review and thank you for your business!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

So no one really prepared me for what I was walking into with this hotel. More specifically- I don't think I've ever seen so much pink in my lifetime in one place. Even the cake is pink. The napkins are pink. The decor is...you get the idea.

I asked for the most normal room and got the swiss chalet. I basically didn't sleep because the lamp had a statue of a gargoyle that stared at me all night.

However, if you can get past all that, the people there are nice. They have a shuttle to the local airport (some dude with a beard). The view from the spa and pool are breathtaking. And you are guaranteed to meet a character (or 2) that you will never forget.

Room Tip: I can not prepare you for this place.