Madonna Inn
La Cuesta Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$157
Apple Farm Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$216
US$210
US$203
US$180
  • Breakfast included
US$168
US$139
QualityInn
Best Western Plus Royal Oak Hotel(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$159
US$152
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
US$229
US$219
Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)(Great Value!)
US$118
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
US$89
San Luis Creek Lodge(San Luis Obispo)
US$197
Orbitz.com
1,742 results
All reviewsrock showercopper cafethemed roomsover the topcaveman roomrock wallsmadonna suitegold rush steakhousechampagne cakedifferent themekona rocksky roomheated toilet seatlove nestbucket listfilet mignonmen's bathroom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had lunch here while on our family vacation. There were 10 of us but they got us right in which was very nice. They have a good variety of meals. I had a lunch chefs salad which was very good. The rest of the family were pleased with their meals. They also have kids meals. After our lunch, we explored the facility which is filled with eye candy! We all had to see the bathrooms, stores and grounds. What a beautiful place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan C
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had never been here before, and I am really glad we stayed here. The front desk staff were very friendly, and we loved our room. We stayed in the Sky Room which is one of the few rooms at the back of the main building. It had a king bed on the first level, and it had a double and twin bed in the loft. It also has a small balcony which was really nice. We loved everything about the room except for a few small things. One is that the loft is pretty warm even if you crank up the AC downstairs. The upstairs closet is a little hard to open, but there are two fans in there and they make a huge difference so you don't roast upstairs! The other thing is that the stairs are a little steep, so I would be very careful if you plan on having young kids stay in the loft area. My daughter loved the loft, but I actually fell down some of the stairs once so we were cautious after that. It was a great room though, and I would definitely stay in it again.
We loved the pool area. They heat the water to 85, and it was a beautiful pool so we loved swimming in it. They also have two hot tubs, and there is a great view. We also ate at the Copper Cafe and main restaurant which I have a separate review for. Overall, we loved everything about staying here and we can't wait to come back again!

Room Tip: I think it says on the website that you are paying for a certain room type, but you don't get to choose a specific room. We called and asked for the room we wanted, and they were very accommodating and helpful with our request.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jcb2282
Joe_Forgette, Manager at Madonna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and for your recent stay with your family. We look forward to welcoming everyone back again in the future!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I just stayed here on Monday and Tuesday with 12 teachers. We wanted all of the pink glam to help celebrate two of our friends who had finished breast cancer treatments. When I called to make a reservation, I gave my reason for the stay and asked if there was any kind of local discount. The person on the phone said no and was really not helpful. I was not to able to reserve rooms for my friends unless I paid one night in full for each of the three rooms. They charge $20 extra for each person over double occupancy. Then on top of that, there is a $16.50 resort fee each night. Usually, when I pay a resort fee like that, it includes wi fi in the rooms, but not here. Since all of this added up to over $330 per room per night, I only booked two rooms. Later, my friend called to book the third room and again asked if there was any type of discount. Once again the answer was no. About a week later when I was looking to see if we could find a less expensive room, I saw that there was now a discounted rate. We could book the Hike and Stay plan for a 10 percent discount. That makes quite a bit of difference when the rooms are so expensive. I emailed and was able to get the discounted rate, but it is really annoying that this was never mentioned when we asked if there were any upcoming discounts. Although the rooms were perfect for our celebration, I was also disappointed with the service. I have stayed here many times and always felt the staff went above and beyond to make you feel special. There was none of that on this trip. The front desk has no personality. They were really not friendly at all. One of our rooms was not ready until about 4:20. When we called at 4:00 (check in time), they said they would call us when it was ready. I don't think it would have been ready that early if we hadn't cornered a nice man on a pink golf cart who finally went and got us the keys. Also, we paid extra to have 4 people in a room, yet we only were given keys and towels for 2 people. My friends want to make this an annual event, but for the price we paid (even with the discount), we could rent a house somewhere for a week. I'll have to think about it before booking again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BonJoviGroupie
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Wow! If you don't like this place I think you are not a fun person. Ok I said it! I honestly don't get any of these reviewers saying about the horrible gaudy pinkness of it all. Didn't they know that to begin with? Anyway I absolutely love this hotel and wish I had stayed more that 1 night. It was our 10 year anniversary and we were heading up the coast. For our anniversary we chose the Vous room. Yes- the velvety dark blue room with the round bed and spectacular chandelier! Following tips on T.A. I called direct to book the room I wanted. I had a short list of favorites in the mid price range and asked the reservation desk lady her opinion and she said to definitely go with the Vous. So glad I did- it was so sexy and fun! The room itself is round too and on the third floor so maybe this made it quieter than other rooms. It was very clean and had all the creature comforts like bathrobes, hairdryer, a coffee maker and some wonderful smelling lotion (wish I had more)! The water pressure was great and the A.C. worked well. My only gripe is that the quaint little sink had barely any counter space.
We went to the pool after taking the many obligatory photos of our room. I should mention check in was a breeze and we received complimentary cookies and bottle of champagne for our Anniversary! So glad I mentioned it when I booked!
The pool area really makes this a resort! I bought a mai tai (very good) at the pool bar and went to dip my feet in the pool and boy- another surprise- water as warm as the Caribbean! I had been here for my bachlorette party 10 years ago in the pony room- the room with a carousel horse. I remember the room was really nice and the massage I received in the spa was excellent. Back then I don't think the Madonna Inn had a pool. The pool is a gorgeous walk-in infinity pool with Madonna mountain right behind it and a vista to the east of SLO and the Edna Valley. It feels kind of las Vegas without the hordes of guidos and crazy party atmosphere. It was a quiet mix of a few couples and families with children. Plenty of loungers to go around! There are 2 hot tubs, 1 being fairly secluded in a nook behind a gazebo and waterfall.
We opted to eat at Nova downtown on the creek instead of the Madonna steakhouse so I can't review that, but I have eaten at the Cafe twice and it was just ok, pretty slow service as it gets busy. The cakes are delicious and you should try the pink champagne cake at least once. We did go to the bar but after a late dinner it was past 11 and empty. The bartender (don't recall her name) was a friendly blonde woman. We were taking pictures around the place and she offered to turn on the big fireplace just for us and took our picture after seeing us struggle to get a selfie.
The next morning after loading up the car we gave ourselves a little tour. Many people were checking out and let us peek in the rooms. Housekeeping had some of the windows open too. This was so much fun. I could see the other guests were having fun the same way we were. This is a must visit hotel. Two big cheesy thumbs up!

Room Tip: call the hotel directly to book the exact room you want. Make sure you look through all the pictures. The higher up rooms are probably quieter. Vous is iconic!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mommagarlic
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A lovely and unique hotel set in beautiful countryside, although a shame about the traffic noise from the highway, but unless you have your bedroom windows open, you don't hear the traffic. We stayed in the Indian room which was clean and pleasant. Rather a shame though that it was difficult to sit up in bed with no headboard and three paintings set in thick frames, which were in the way on the wall. It would have been nice to have seen a colourful padded headboard, using the same material as the sofa, which would have added more character to the room. The two smaller paintings could have gone either side of the lights, and the rather large, but nice painting of the Indian lady could have been hung right of the wardrobe. The bed was however comfortable. It was a shame about the venetian blinds letting the light in the room as there were no curtains.
The bathroom was nicely fitted out with a good shower and my husband loved the electric washing toilet (like a bidet), and now wants one! The toiletries were good quality and a nice size too.
We dined in the restaurant which looked like you were in a lavish over-the-top hotel in Vegas. It certainly gave us plenty to talk about. We felt the food was very over-priced. If it was not for the fact that we were tired from travelling, we would have gone somewhere else. The food was nice but not of the quality to command those sort of prices. I had salmon and my husband BBQ chicken. When his food came, there looked to be so much, but there was in fact very little meat on it, and certainly no breast meat, but just plenty of bones. Rather disappointing.
One bonus however, was a live band playing/singing dance music (mostly ballroom style), which seemed very popular with the locals and we enjoyed listening whilst eating.

Room Tip: If you have numerous heavy bags ask for a street level room. You don't however get as much privacy on the main block, so keep to the smaller rows of rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and suggestions about the room and decorations, we appreciate that! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay and your husband enjoyed the amenities.