“nice cleanand comfy lay-over”

Motel 6 San Luis Obispo North
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“nice cleanand comfy lay-over”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

smooth check-in and check-out..nice comfy clean room..would stay again..no worries

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Francisco
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is typical of the "old style" Motel 6 -in short, a dump.

Dirty carpets, torn drapes, a mattress where you could feel the springs. Lately Motel 6 has been trying to upgrade their properties. Although this was a supposedly "remodeled" room, the only thing changed was the bedspread. The rest was really bad. This place is one step up from sleeping in your car.

My husband and I have learned that if you have to stay in Motel 6 in SLO, bring your own sheets and towels. This was a rush trip and we didn't bring them this time; what a mistake!
When we woke in the morning we both felt itchy, maybe it was the soap they use on the sheets, or maybe it was something I don't want to think about.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Gardyloo

Travellers are raving about these San Luis Obispo hotels

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The service to check in was very very slow. It took my husband about 20 minutes. A bunch of people who were having a party near our room decided they would have a social gathering right outside our door. We had to walk past everyone smoking and drinking to get to our room and we had our children with us. The walls our very thin, so we would have been listening to these people all night. My husband went up to request another room...and they gladly moved us (took another 20 minutes). The rooms are very dull, which is fine because the price is cheap. But, I could not sleep on these beds! They were soooooo hard, it was like sleeping on the floor! No joke. So, if you do not mind slow service, noicy hotel party scene, and very firm beds....maybe this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: Away from the pool, or you will have lots of noise
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sillymummy23boys
Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I have always considered Motel 6 a bare bones but very clean and well run type of budget hotel. My stay there last weekend certainly proved me wrong. I was exhausted after a very long day, went to sleep in my room and had a terrible nights sleep. I awoke frequently but didn't really put it all together until the morning - when I awoke, threw back the covers to find black bed bugs every where and on me. I was horrified. The staff barely apologized. I had to throw away most of my clothes, luggage and have itchy bites all over my body. Do not stay here. If one room is infested I am sure many more are.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank louise111222
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Motel 6 North & South are very close. I took a chance and booked Motel 6 North. Upon check-in, I was very disappointed to learn that only some of the rooms had wi-fi and the charge was $2.99/day. I never encountered this before and since our room was not "wired" we had to go elsewhere to check e-mail. The room was very plain, like a dormitory room. The pillows were lumpy, sheets thin, blankets hard. No Kleenex. It was more basic than other Motel 6's I have stayed in.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin, TX
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I was stuck here for reasons I care not to discuss, as I'm local. I've been here for 3 hours and have identified 3 different types of bugs. One was a cricket on my bed, then there was a whole crew of little grey-shelled, elliptical shaped, multilegged critters (you know type), some dead and some wandering around aimlessly and one dead bug in a dark corner that I couldn't get a good fix on. It might have been another cricket. Internet access was fair in my room (apparently not the case in other rooms) and was an extra $2.99. There was a pool, but I didn't have my swim suit with me. There used to be a few breakfast places within walking distance, but they are closed. The room was quiet (a little towards the back). I stayed here because it was only 56 dollars. Rooms up on Monterey St. are sometimes triple that. If you can afford it, stay up there as it is a much better location. I'll try the other Motel 6 tomorrow and keep keep you posted.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
California
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was one of the cheapest options in the area, and it is true that you get what you pay for, so we were not expecting anything luxurious. We've stayed in other Motel 6's and this one was average. The bedding was clean but pretty thin, and the room was definitely very cramped with the barest minimum of amenities. They were not even able to supply one extra pillow when we requested that.

Nonetheless, as a cheap one-night place to sleep, it did the job!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family