Motel 6 San Luis Obispo North
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rose Garden Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
Courtyard San Luis Obispo(San Luis Obispo)
  • Pool
SLO Brew Lofts(San Luis Obispo)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Madonna Inn(San Luis Obispo)
View Hotel
All reviewswhole foodsflat screenwould stay againclean roomscal polyfreewaymotel6
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2007

My son is student at Cal Poly and lives with a roommate so me and the wife decided to stay in a hotel for one night to keep the fellows from playing musical chairs. I checked the big travel sites for deals in town, particularly along Monterey Street (main drag, many places to stay) but the rates kept coming up in the $150+ range. I am active duty military so I went directly to some of the sites to see if I could get a discount. Motel 6 North offered military/government rate at $83 so I decided "hey its one night and we just need a place to sleep" so I booked it.

As we drove in we saw the marquee offered the same rate. The night desk guys were friendly enough but you could tell they didn't get many "normal" citizens staying there. The room was tiny, even by Motel 6 standards, and non-smoking meant the ashtray in the room was turned over so a "no-smoking" universal symbol would show. I perceived it to mean "ok, you want a non-smoking room then don't smoke". The room didn't reek of cigarettes but it did smell. No clock, no phone. The bed was caved in the middle so we HAD to cuddle or hang off the edge of the bed. A single battered pillow for each. WHAT A DUMP. Even more of a dump than my son's place and that is saying something. I recommend avoiding this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BugsyMalone
Reviewed 25 June 2007

stayed there for one night on April 2007 while i was driving HWY1 and it was a very nice stop for rest.
i have to say that i was surprised for the big shower and the location is close to all the junk food if you're into it :)

So finally it's a great place to spend the night for the money , but be sure to get there before the night or if you have GPS so it's ok

enjoyed alot :)

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank sgr79
Reviewed 2 April 2007

Stayed here the last weekend in March with young daughter and friend. We checked in early and registration gave us our pick of rooms. I was happy the room was clean and there was no "motel" smell. The light over the sink was not working and they sent someone to fix right away. The next day, they made beds, refreshed towels, but forgot to empty trash.

The motel is right next to the freeway, so if freeway noise bothers you, request a room in the back. The pool was not heated so best to swim while the sun is shining. They do have complimentary coffee in the morning, but no continental breakfast.

For the price, this motel was a bargain compared to other budget motels in the area. We would stay here again if our budget was minimal.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 November 2006

We stayed in this Motel 6 for one night, and we have never stayed in Motel 6 before. Technically, the hotel was OK: the room was clean, everything worked, and the receptionist was polite. However, when we entered the room, we were surprised how every detail says: "cheap". The walls were painted plain yellowish, with no pictures, and at first it felt somewhat depressive, as if we are in some office. After some time we got used to it, though. If this hotel is indeed among the best in the Motel 6 chain, as the previous reviewer suggest, I wonder how the other ones look.

On the good side: as we entered the room, there was constant noise from the bathroom fan in the room below, although the room was unoccupied. We contacted the management, and they immediately solved the problem.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DL_traveler
Reviewed 13 August 2006

We were pleasantly surprised, as Motel 6's really run the gamut as to age and condition. This one seemed practically brand new and was spotless, close to the freeway, and very quiet. It was confusing to find at night, and I ended up at the other Motel 6 at first (I think they're less than a mile apart?), but this one was in much better shape. We'll definitely book there again on our next trip through SLO.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple