“A good solution for our lodging needs.”

Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South
Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We chose this Motel 6 primarily for the cost. We needed a separate space for our son, and the cost of two rooms, for two nights, was wa-a-ay less than a suite at any other location. They also allowed our dog at no extra cost. The rooms were simple and clean, as expected, and the stay was very quiet. Only a few frogs in the ivy out in the courtyard made any noise during the night. Friendly check-in and room service. Don't forget to bring your own box of tissue and bottle of shampoo!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith B

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Have stayed here twice in the last couple of years and both times had a good experience. Helpful staff. Quiet rooms for the most part as trees help muffle the sound of the freeway. Rooms clean, thin walls, but expected for Motel 6. Last trip two years ago we stayed four nights, this time two nights and would stay again. Definitely recommend to other travellers looking for a good night's sleep in a clean no frills room, without spending too much money. Good for exploring the beach areas too. Good for dogs.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoldenSong
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a fine stop-over for a night. While there was activity downstairs late, it didn't keep us up. We managed to sleep in a little, even. The place appears clean, staff polite and helpful, and checking in/out was really quick and easy. I was a little surprised not to see shampoo. Okay, really surprised. But I brought my own, and I didn't miss it. Worked for us for the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Well, simply as it is for the chain. The counter ppl are very nice and helpful. We stopped by there for a night during the low season, so the motel aint full. The environment was very quiet. Fast check in and out. We went to the room. It doesnt seem that bad. The shower actually is pretty strong which I liked. The few things I would complain are not having a box of tissue paper, the towels need to work on more (I like purely white), and beds may have bugs. My mom n sis felt very itchy the next day. Mine is minor. After I came back, I gave them the review and the manager of Motel 6 responded. Hopefully, this problem is being fixed. It only offers coffee and hot tea in their office during the morning time until 10am. The room doesnt have hair dryer but if you need one u can check it out at the front.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in this motel for a night as a stopover before the Pacific Coast Highway drive. The motel is right on the edge of town and a good 10mins drive away from the main restaurants, shops etc. The member of staff who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful. We were a bit surprised to have to pay $3 for wifi on top of the $90 paid for the room, as the room was extremely basic - no fridge or safe and small hard towels. There was complimentary coffee and tea in reception in the morning but no breakfast. We stayed in cheaper motels on our trip that provided greater value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We arrived late in the evening and got the last room so it was impossible for them to move us to a room with clean sheets. I found the sheets rumpled, hair on them and strangely, 3 pennies lined up in a row in the middle of the bottom sheet. Their solution was to ask me to wait 15 minutes for them to try to find a set of clean sheets to hand to me. I had to make my own bed which is not what I expect to have to do when arrived late and tired after a long road trip. Was pretty creeped out to sleep there not knowing what else might still be dirty in the room. For my troubles, they gave me a $25 discount. Won't be back. Miguel at the front desk was mortified and very kind but there was nothing much he could do to be helpful other than hand me a pile of bedding.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

One doesn't expect many amenities from a Motel 6, and this one didn't disappoint. No free internet, no shampoo, no fridge, old style TV, and a budget mattress. But the room was clean, the place has a nice central pool, is in very good repair, and everything worked except the down channel button on the TV remote. The place is a bit tricky to find; however, rate was unbeatable in the area for someone who had blown his stash staying on the beach in LA.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple