“Great little sandwich shop”

High Street Market & Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stopped on our way up the coast here for lunch. What an excellent little restaurant! The sandwiches were all very well done - generous in size, super fresh ingredients, and there were options to create your own sandwich or salad. Quite busy, but staff managed the crowds well. Only downside was the limited seating. Best meal i had in 2 days of travel. Definitely worth a stop.

1  Thank TravellerMom43

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My fiance and I were visiting SLO and were going to be heading to some wineries in the area. I had a craving for a good sandwich, so after looking up reviews on Tripadvisor we headed to High Street Market & Deli. The reviews are correct, this place is awesome. You order by marking the sandwich you want on an order pad or you can create your own. Write down any special requests and your name and drop it in the completed order basket. Sit back and wait. Our names were called shortly and we quickly dug into our sandwiches. I ordered the Chipotle Beef and my fiance the Spring Club. WOW! The flavors were perfect. I of course tried both sandwiches, and each were amazing. The atmosphere is very laid back, but it can get a little crowded. I recommend High Street Deli to anyone looking for a very tasty sandwich in the SLO area.

2  Thank Tim S
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Saw the great reviews for High Street Market and decided to stop for a late lunch. The staff was very helpful and the atmosphere unique! We shared a flavorful chipotle beef sandwich and potato salad. We'll be back when we are in SLO!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a great busy delicatessen. Sandwich's are big, fresh, and tasty! Good selection of local beer in bottles. Friendly fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch while driving down the CA coast. We've never been here before so was a little intimated by some reviews I read regarding the ordering process. Turns out to be very simple (you grab a Sharpie and fill out a form, ta da!), and in addition, the guy at the cash register was super friendly and helpful. The sandwich and salad were huge and absolutely delicious! The interior of the deli is very unique and feels like you've stepped into a setting several decades ago. Very cool spot!

1  Thank courtney9384