“USED to be one of my favorites!”

Pepe Delgado's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 315 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants when we would go to San Luis Obispo but not after today's lunch. I asked for plain nachos (just cheese and chips) and to have the guacamole and sour cream on the side. Our waitress asked if I wanted a full or half order. I told her I wanted a half order and repeated "just chips and cheese". I got a plate of chips with cheese, beans, and the most jalapenos anybody could ever ask for. All I wanted was the chips and cheese with the guacamole and sour cream on the side. I also ordered an a la carte shredded beef taco. I ate one chip from the nachos (after picking off all of the jalapenos) and that one bite was nasty. I took a bite out of my taco and it just didn't taste right so took another bite. The second bite was just the same. My husband ordered a ground beef tostada and took one, maybe two bites and pushed his plate away and said he wasn't going to eat it because it was nasty. A young girl who appeared to be either the manager or hostess asked how everything was and my husband asked her if they have a new cook. She said no. I told her that we came there quite often and we always loved their food but not today. I also told her that I wasn't going to eat the nachos because I asked for chips with melted cheese only and got beans and way too many jalapenos. She just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. REALLY? We let our waitress know that we weren't satisfied with the meal and she apologized. I told her that it wasn't her fault because she didn't cook it. I was absolutely shocked that we were charged full price for what we ordered, what we complained about, and what we didn't eat. We won't go back. I'm so disappointed. That was a complete waste of money and I guess we should have gone to Taco Bell and saved $30. On a positive note, at least their margaritas were decent.

Thank K. B

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Good food, good service, and good atmosphere. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys Mexican food.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The tortilla chips and salsa were average but the food was great. Only had Chicken enchilada ala' carte but was well prepared.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Started the evening off with a pitcher of strawberry margarita's after a hot 10 hour day with friend.
We both had dinner and found the food good, service friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

NOTHING compares to their margaritas! the best, the food is good and the staff is friendly if they are not to busy or understaffed. But mostly the house margaritas can not be beat get the picture if there are 2 of you!