“Freshest Sushi Anywhere!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Santa Maria, California
“Freshest Sushi Anywhere!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I love Yanagi's and crave this place often! When I worked nearby I called it "Sushi Friday" because I was a regular every single Friday for lunch! I live in Santa Maria now and when I'm in SLO I make my plans to include eating lunch there every time. I've been eating sushi for at least 25 years or so and I know fresh, tasty sushi when I eat it and this place by far has the best tasting sushi I've ever had in the 25 years I've been eating it. I've had bad sushi and know the difference between good and bad. In fact, when I eat at any other place I grade the freshness of the fish and I usually find some kind of fault with it; too watery, tastes like fish or the portions aren't big enough. But I have never had a bad experience with Yanagi's. Everyone who works there is more than friendly and I appreciate this place and highly recommend it to sushi lovers!

• Visited January 2013

slo life
“Yanagi is so good they opened 4 in our area!”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Yanagi is so good they opened 4 in our area! Santa Maria, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach (2) and San Luis Obispo. From luncheon specials to "The Heart Attack", are my favorites. Go early to get a seat!

Paso Robles, California
“Roll specialty”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is a fun and quality Japanese place with teppan, nigiri and rolls. It's a party place with a lot of noise and activity, so don't plan on an intimate night out. The food is always perfect. Seriously perfect.

Visited January 2013
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Sushi lovers go here”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Fresh, quality sushi. Large menu; always busy; tourists do not know about this place, but locals love it!

Visited April 2012
Big Bear Lake, California
“A GOOD PLACE IF SUSHI IS YOUR THING”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My wife's family live in the neighborhood and regularly visit this restaurant. Sushi is not my thing but the family state their sushi and other food is very good. I had the breaded pork loin and it was very good. The service was also very good. If sushi and good service is your thing, I would recommend this restaurant based on the satisfied comments of my family members and my most recent visit.

• Visited August 2012