“Varied and very good”

Sushiya Restaurant Incorporated
Ranked #183 of 304 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Dishes for every taste. Please those who enjoy the authentic Japanese food and even those who do not eat sashimi for example. Have a dessert of ice cream moti, which is exquisite! For those going in a group, have enough space.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We walked in and was greeted by, I think the owner, behind the sushi bar. He said to go ahead and sit anywhere we wanted. So we sat down at a table and waited. And waited. Watched a couple that walked in 5 minutes after us get seated, given a menu, and ordered drinks before we finally asked for menus. The hostess said she didn't see us come in BUT had to have seen us sitting there since she walked by us 3 times. None of the staff seemed friendly... The guy who took our order didn't seem like he wanted to be there. But they sure were quick to bring our check.

The food, nothing to write home about. Standard Japanese restaurant, though the portions were pretty big. I ordered a spicy chicken dish and a side of california rolls expecting to just get a few pieces but got a regular sushi plate of it which was unexpected.

They used to be really good but it has been over 5 years since I've been there. Maybe management changed? I don't know but it was just not up to par. You felt like you just wanted to eat and get the heck out of there as fast as you can because you're not welcomed and are an inconvenience to the staff.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Holy slow service, but very good food!

Lunch comes with a free miso soup. Their menu is really big and they have a ton of sushi rolls that sound delicious. We only got one roll - the Grand Tasty. Horrible name but really delicious.

Our server was pretty terrible. He brought soup without spoons, our drinks were empty a lot and it took forever for him to come back for us to place our order, bring food, bring our check - basically everything. We came here for lunch too and there were probably 4 tables in the whole place.

I would come back here. The slow service was probably just a fluke and the delicious food made up for it.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

I took my son this summer for a late lunch on a weekday. The restaurant was nearly empty, so very quiet. I had tempura with rice, and my son had chicken teriaki. Our lunches were good. Nothing memorable about it. I don't think they serve free hot tea, I believe we ordered soft drinks. I didn't try any sushi. I think I would need to go again to have a stronger opinion about it. My vegetable and shrimp tempura was good. We had a good waitress. The decor is lovely clean asian style.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The sashimi I ordered was run of the mill. It wasn't particularly well cut, though it was served nicely. They didn't serve the normal salad with ginger dressing or miso soup. :(

Maybe the rolls are better.

1  Thank Sonoran_Skies