“Over-priced, mediocre mexican food”

Pancho's Mexican Food
Ranked #167 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We were seeking a hole-in-the-wall restaurant for some good mexican fare, what we found was an over-priced restaurant serving a mediocre lunch. They have a huge selection of items on the menu, but nothing special or even appealing. The portions are huge. My daughter's burrito was the size of a presto log. She didn't even know where to begin. I had the chile verde and it was acceptable, but way too expensive for lunch. I would pass this strip-mall mexican restaurant for the many better alternatives in SLO.

Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

I would never have picked this place w/o the reviews - located btw a drug store & a nail place - but I'd go back in a minute. Lots of veggie alternatives too.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is in quite a random location but don't be put off. We went on a Thursday night and although very quiet, we had a good meal. The margaritas are enormous and he put an extra shot in no charge. We ate beef nachos followed by cheese enchiladas and chicken fajitas. The nachos were the best bit, cheesy, meaty, lots of toppings. Yum! Wraps on the fajitas and enchiladas were a little chewy unfortunately.

2 people's food and drink for $40 so we were happy.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Typical sonoran fare. Friendly staff, restaurant seemed full of regulars even on a Monday night which was impressive.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've gone to Pancho's a couple of times in the past month. Underwhelmed. The place is cute and bright and the hostess is friendly, but the food is average at best. Had the torta special last time and there was so little meat in the sandwich I literally opened it up to look. Lunch platters are uninspired.