“Bread Lover's Delight!”

House of Bread
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We scratch make everything on the premise from all natural ingredients. We specialize in unique bread varities from basil parmesan, wholesome 14-grain harvest to decadent chocolate zuchinni bread. For our lunch offerings, we use Boar's Head natural meats and local produce. We have a huge sample, so come on in and try a fresh slice of bread on the house.
Reviewed 3 August 2013

While staying the weekend in San Luis Obispo with my sister and cousin, we had lunch here at this delightful bakery. The bakery puts out a good selection of delicious looking breads, pastries, rolls, etc. There are samples to try of some of their breads. Since we came for lunch, we each had a sandwich. Mine was vegetarian on foccacia bread which was quite tasty. My sister and cousin also enjoyed their sandwiches. The bakery also features soup and salads. My sister bought a loaf of cinnamon, apple bread which is pretty amazing. It is fun to watch the bakers working in the kitchen. There is only one very small table inside that would seat two people so we ate outside which was okay as the weather was so nice. There were delicious looking cookies, bars and I tried the apricot jam bar which was quite good. My sister who loves bakeries as much as I do was quite enthralled and bought one of their cook books. I would definitely recommend if you are ever in this area.

2  Thank MSWMom50

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This bakery is very good. The aroma gets your attention as you walk up to the store. These bakers are very in to the art of baking and it shows. Dozens of bread styles to choose from, and you are free to sample their products. They also do sandwiches, and my daughter tells me they are also as good as the bread products. The breads make good gifts to take back home as you leave SLO.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Fresh baked delicious breads of a great variety and the best sandwiches in town make this place worth a regular visit. If you are into whole grains, like I am, they offer a variety of whole grain breads and cinnamon rolls. I like to order the whole wheat dinner rolls for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Simply the best bread in town!

Reviewed 2 March 2013

We went out of our way to stop by here on our way through San Luis Obispo - based on trip advisor reviews. The service was good, the people friendly - but I found a long hair in my cinnamon bun. Gross. Can't recommend the place.

sheila m, Owner at House of Bread, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I'm very sorry for your bad experience. You are totally right how gross that is and I seriously take precautions to prevent that from happening. In seventeen years, it has only happend a handfull of times. I will review how we can be better. Please come back and have a loaf of bread, pastry on me. Thank you, Sheila McCann, owner of House of Bread.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This is a great little shop if you love homemade bread. Try grandmothers white, yes I know whole grains are really better for you but occasionally treat yourself to this soft yeasty bread. Also great scones my favorite cranberry walnut, ( only avail on Thursday)

1  Thank phals