“Oh...that aroma!”

House of Bread
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We scratch make everything on the premise from all natural ingredients. We specialize in unique bread varities from basil parmesan, wholesome 14-grain harvest to decadent chocolate zuchinni bread. For our lunch offerings, we use Boar's Head natural meats and local produce. We have a huge sample, so come on in and try a fresh slice of bread on the house.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Wish I lived in SLO so I could enjoy that amazing smell everyday. They have a very nice selection of breads and sandwiches of all kinds. The sour dough is very good and the chocolate zucchini is a must try. Great staff and very friendly service. Will be on my list of places to visit when I'm in the area.

There are newer reviews for House of Bread

Reviewed 21 May 2014

There's nothing like the aroma of fresh bread, and that's what we first noticed after walking into the House of Bread. Then we noticed all the tasty baked goods...Loaves of savory bread, sweet dessert and breakfast breads, freshly made croutons, and more.

We chose a loaf of cheesy garlic bread, and a jar of chocolate chip cookie mix. They had quite a few different mixes, and the way they are layered in the jar make them suitable for gifts.

The ladies behind the counter were welcoming and friendly. They sliced our bread, but once it was in the bag it fell apart. We were offered another loaf, which we appreciated, but didn't take them up on it. Excellent bread, as either a pile or a loaf.

All in all a great experience. We'll be back.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I went to House of Bread in my California roadtrip with my husband. The sandwich is delicious and the brownie is incredible! I recommend!

1  Thank Luciana A
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I went here with my daughter during a visit to San Luis Obispo in March of 2014. I love sourdough bread and I've found my favorites in California. I got a loaf of sourdough and my daughter got a loaf of garlic and cheese bread. Both were absolutely terrific! It's tricky to get in and out of their parking lot but it's really worth a visit. They have sandwiches and beverages available as well. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank TravelinMan94
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Most amazing bread in town. Great morning buns, cinnamon rolls, jalapeño bread, breakfast sandwich, and coffee!

1  Thank Ryan A