“Such Yummy Goodness!”

Cowboy Cookies N Grub
Ranked #6 of 11 Dessert in San Luis Obispo
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Three of us were dying to have an ice cream cookie sandwich here and we were not disappointed. The selection of cookies (and ice cream) was so appealing that it was difficult to make a decision. I finally decided on the oatmeal, rice krispie and coconut cookie with vanilla bean ice cream and since my sister also wanted this same cookie and they are so huge, we decided to split it. The cookies come either as a whole or a half and unless you are really hungry (or a big eater) you will probably want to go with a half, because the cookies are large and the ice cream in the middle is a large portion as well. You can also have a cookie that is formed into a cup shape in the bowl and then filled with ice cream. My cousin got the snickerdoodle cookie with mocha chocolate chip ice cream (half). The pricing seems fair for the amount and quality of cookie and ice cream you get. We ate outside in the pleasant courtyard. The cookie and ice cream were so good that I was moaning with delight. My sister and cousin also really enjoyed their ice cream sandwich as well. It is probably fortunate that I don't live close to here, because this is a place that I would want to visit frequently which would not be good for my waistline! Drop in here for a delicious dessert if you are in the area! The shop is located conveniently downtown in the main shopping area. (I believe this restaurant is actually on Higuera Street which is listed on their website as well).

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I made my husband get off the 101 on our way back to LA from Santa Cruz, just to get a dozen cookies here. They are the best anywhere, so many varieties for such a little place. In LA, the best cookies are found at Diddy Riese but these surpass them. Yum!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

We were walking around downtown and found this cookies place. Of course, you can smell it when you are near. We had a cookie cup with vanilla ice cream and peanut butter cookie! the staff is very helpful and friendly helping us choose the flavors of cookies. Gotta tell you, they are delicious! the peanut butter cookie is tasty and still warm. You gotta try their cookies.

1  Thank maw0512
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I use to love going to this place because the cookies were delicious. However, recently I feel that they aren't as good. My favorite cookie which was the white chocolate macadamia is now much thinner and instead of whole macadamia nuts which there use to be are now crushed up and you can probably count the number of tiny pieces in it. It's disappointing that the price is still the same but the quality of the cookie has gone down.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

home-made ice cream between home-made cookies. a little more than the nestlé offering in the gas station display case … but then well worth the difference.