“Demand made them expand”
Review of Mama's Meatball

Mama's Meatball
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama's Meatball is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 309 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nipomo St.
Description: Mama's Meatball offers authentic, homemade Italian dining & catering, Our chef cultivates and harvest most of the organic produce to be used in our menu from our garden's rich soil. The idea of a garden in the city is fascinating and it allows us to keep in constant contact with nature while providing with a true Farm-to-Table experience. Furthermore, we are committed to preserve the land and its resources by providing agricultural produce, fishery and cattle livestock that adhere to strict sustainability practices. All poultry, fish, beef, and pork are sourced locally and must be, free range, organic, non-hormone treated. Just as Chef Nicola wants to pay respect to the culinary history of Italy, he is solid in his commitment to respect our land and water, with conscious usage of the resources available
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Mama's Meatballs started out in a small space the historic downtown creamery serving great pasta and salads for take away only. Then they rented a space next door and cut a door way access to their kitchen. The Italian owner's food is so popular that they recently expanded into another adjoining space in this one time Foremost Dairy location on Higuera below Nipomo St. in San Luis Obispo.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Very good food. The servers are good as well. I miss the old location with the girls and have not seen them recently. Some of the newer servers get things mixed up, but are polite about it.
I love that you have a "small" portion option for when you are not starving.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

We accidentally ran into this little family owned/run restaurant, and have been hooked since. Their food is to die for, and the people are super friendly. If you haven't tried this little piece of heaven in SLO yet, you need to.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Pizzas are wonderful, desserts are excellent. Very authentic Italian cuisine.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

We have eaten here 3 times in past 2 years, while visiting son at Poly. Always have had what I consider very good food (I'm not a foodie, but I am picky), good service (but slow kitchen, order an appetizer when they come for drink orders), and always busy on weekends (even with reservations, have had a bit of a wait). The kind of place where people linger, I gather from watching. The wine we had last time was the best I've had this year (I'm no wine expert tho'). The last 2 trips to SLO, I made reservations here right after making the hotel reservations. I highly recommend!
Last visit, we heard drumming outside thru the later half of our meal; now maybe it was the wine, but we went down the adjacent passageway and watched and listened to a drum circle in an art studio; I could have stayed there for hours, wanted to jump right in!