“Never fails to impress.”

Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had another extended stay here while vacationing with and visiting family in San Marcos. Everyone on the staff, from front desk to food/beverage hostesses, to housekeeping staff is very friendly and professional. There was always someone available to answer questions. The place is well kept up and very clean. It is also a great location for visiting the many sights in the San Diego area.

Room Tip: We were first floor, street side, and were not bothered at all y the traffic noise that others have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank InTune
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Residence Inn North/San Marcos!

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay with us and the many kind compliments. We take pride in our hotel and customer service and am glad that we were able to impact your stay in a positive way.

We look forward to your next trip!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I cannot say enough about how helpful and kind Steve (Gen. Mgr.) and Danica (Front Desk Check In) were upon my arrival to the hotel. They went above and beyond my expectations of service in assisting me with locating my credit card which I thought I had lost. The room was very clean, nice and inviting. It has a "home-away-from home" feel and I definitely recommend this location whether traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

There was an employee there, Linda C. She made me and my kids feel so welcome. She seemed to be running the hotel, I saw her there so many times, doing so many jobs! Every time, she was professional and personable. Even on a Sunday night with less than pleasant guests, she was holding up, like a trooper. I was just really impressed by her work ethic and guest service.

1  Thank Francis r

Dear Francis,

Thank you for your great review regarding our employee. Linda is truly an asset to have on our team and we have been very fortunate.

I believe that providing excellent customer service can impact a guest's stay tremendously and also creates loyalty.

Thank you again for reaching out to us!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

The grooms family had chosen this hotel after looking at several in the area to house the guests and I thought it was an excellent choice. Our rooms were studio type with kitchen, table for two, roll out sofa, large bed in the corner and bath. Everything was clean even the tile and the caulking in the bath. Plenty of hot water for the shower. The common areas on the main floor were comfortable and inviting. My only suggestion is to add more lighting in the bath sink area and include a make up mirror. This appears to be a relatively new property. Location is good, right by shopping center (Starbucks within walking distance). Maybe 20 minutes to the Safari Park, 35 minutes to Coronado. Breakfast was included and was better than many properties of this type - included hot eggs, sausage, hash browns, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, etc. Staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. We didn't have a bottle opener in the room - it was delivered within a minute of our call. There is a well known wedding venue nearby, the Twin Oaks Estate, and we ran into several other wedding parties staying at the Residence Inn.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

For the last 4 months I've spent 3 of the 4 weeks at this Residence Inn. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is exceptionally pleasant. Danica, Nicole, Linda, Aaron and Daniel always go out of their way to engage you in conversation. It is very nice to have "normal" conversation when you are away from home so long.
The facility is comfortable with lots of amenities. It is awesome that Monday – Wednesday they have free happy hour and lite meals. The fire pit, in the common area, is a great place to meet people who are all in the same boat.
The GM Steve Diaz has always accommodating and goes above and beyond to make this facility a great place. Steve demands excellence from his employees and it shows.

Vince - CTDI

Room Tip: Stay on the courtyard side, you don't get the highway noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank VPenderghest
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed at the beginning of the month for our family members wedding. My first impression of the hotel was a great one! Since I work in the hospitality industry, I am pretty conscious of everything that goes on in the hotel world. The staff were all great! We arrived early and they got us in right away and were very accomodating! We got up to our room and were very pleased. The cleanliness was great, the interior was very modern with a great layout. (We stayed in a two room suite). The beds were super comfy! The breakfast was pretty good. Things were pretty well maintained except just maybe one time some items ran out and I had to wait a little longer than I expected. But it was very busy and I know how that gets! My guest service agent mode kicked in and I just wanted to help the breakfast attendants out haha, but had to tell myself that I'm on vacation and no working for me! Glad to have free wifi in the hotel as well, thats a major plus. The pool and spa, as well as billiards room looked very inviting but unfortunately we did not have time to partake in that fun!

The only "negative'' thing I have to say was that the guest market area wasn't very well stocked and didn't have much of a variety to choose from. Other than that, excellent stay and we definitely recommend this lovely hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank camilla1402
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Attending (another) volleyball tournament and arrived late with family after a long drive. What refreshment! A quick, courteous check-in, then falling into a super-clean, well-appointed, very inviting room, with a bed to lounge in. Because of late reservations, we stayed in a "studio" with a fold-out sofa rather than a suite we would have preferred. The quality and space seemed much more than we paid for, really plenty for four individuals. My only knock was some road noise just as we bedded down. Slept like a rock anyway. The AM breakfast wasn't as expansive as some, but the quality of the food and lounge environment were among the best ever. We weren't there long enough to enjoy the pool area and billiards room, but both looked very inviting. We'll come back

Room Tip: We were on ground floor near lobby. The communal areas were nearby and very inviting (and quiet...
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#22 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos? Share your experiences!