Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfull size fridgeone bedroom suiteeasy freeway accessyogurtevening receptionhot breakfastfavorite hotelsitting areafree breakfastminute drivewould stay againbusiness tripdishwasherbilliardslegolandwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Brand new hotel, great junior suites, good location, and great amenities including BBQ's for the guests to use (pool, pool table, in-rm full fridge, dishwasher, cook-top etc). I highly recommend this hotel if your in the area.

Room Tip: Not many good local restaurants and the ones on restaurant row are typically poor quality. Drive over to the Carlsbad area for dinning.FYI
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Very pleased with resent stay, April 24-27 2013. Staff was very pleasant , made reservation on line everything was good to go upon arrival. Very close to highway 78 you can't miss the exit hotel right next to highway. A couple nights you could hear the traffic you are in the city that will happen. Less then a mile from many restraurants, easy drive to and from. Room is great lots of space to relax, bed was great. Towels are large not those small ones you may find in other hotels.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times as I have family living nearby. Every request is speedily taken care of. I often bring Great Grand Children with me to visit their cousins. The little ones are treated like honored guests. If we need milk after the little market is closed or a porta crib or an extra blanket we have it almost before we ask for it. Daniel on the front desk has been especially helpful. He is always welcoming. Everyone on staff is friendly and helpful We will be staying here many times in the future.

Room Tip: I have stayed in every type of room and on every floor. Each room has been perfect for my needs at the time. (Depends on how many people are traveling with me.) We have found it convenient to have a room near the side or back entrance near the pool as there is usually parking there and when we leave it is easier to load the bags without going through the lobby. About photos: I have a great one of two two year old boys running down the hallway buck naked after swimming. (They took off their towels.) I will show it to the staff next time I stay there. It is probably not appropriate to display here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had another extended stay here while vacationing with and visiting family in San Marcos. Everyone on the staff, from front desk to food/beverage hostesses, to housekeeping staff is very friendly and professional. There was always someone available to answer questions. The place is well kept up and very clean. It is also a great location for visiting the many sights in the San Diego area.

Room Tip: We were first floor, street side, and were not bothered at all y the traffic noise that others have mentioned. We like the closeness to the pool and restaurant area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank InTune
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Residence Inn North/San Marcos!

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay with us and the many kind compliments. We take pride in our hotel and customer service and am glad that we were able to impact your stay in a positive way.

We look forward to your next trip!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I cannot say enough about how helpful and kind Steve (Gen. Mgr.) and Danica (Front Desk Check In) were upon my arrival to the hotel. They went above and beyond my expectations of service in assisting me with locating my credit card which I thought I had lost. The room was very clean, nice and inviting. It has a "home-away-from home" feel and I definitely recommend this location whether traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business