“Very, very pleased...”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
San Diego, California
“Very, very pleased...”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

What a great stay! We needed a temporary place to stay for two weeks until our home was ready for move-in in the Del Mar area. We have friends in San Marcos, so we thought it would be nice to stay nearby. Although I've not ever been impressed with any Residence Inns I've patronized, I chose this because it was boasted on many reviews and is a newer property. We couldn't be happier! The room is large, clean and up-to-date. The staff are kind and helpful. The housekeeping staff is diligent and thorough. The location is perfectly situation by the 78 freeway with a large shopping plaza nearby. We have a small dog and they are accommodating to pets. We had a great first floor location near the end of the hall so 'bathroom trips' were easy. I'm a very picky traveler - and I couldn't even find a complaint and I can usually nitpick something :-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review and for giving the Residence Inn North/San Marcos the opportunity to impress you!

Every staff member takes pride in creating a great experience for our guests and we strive to uphold excellent customer service and our reputation on the social media. I will pass on your kind words to my team and hope that we get to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was our first time staying at this establishment and was very impressed. Room was big, comfortable and very clean. Room had bed separate from living room which included sofa bed, fireplace and nice size TV mounted on the wall. Room also included full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and sink. Staff was very friendly and made sure all our needs were met, our stay also included hot and cold breakfast. Hotel is approx 15 minutes to Legoland and San Diego safari park, family friendly.

Room Tip: Hotel is near freeway but didn't keep us up.
Western Hemisphere
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is for the one in San Marcos, CA. We stayed quite a few days, and even though the Studio room, which consists of a King Size and a Pull Out Bed, was a little tight for our tastes sometimes, in every other area this property excel.
Beginning with the fine service of Nicole, she is the future of the perfect Hotelier, I can assure anyone of that! She is courteous, fast on the keyboards, very resourceful when providing critical information of all the area attractions. Always a shinning attitude, stellar performance. Yes, I get that emotional, because I see that living in hotels can be a great experience or a not so great. Well, here in the Residence Inn in San Marcos, Ca, you get every morning a very substantial breakfast, with cheerful dispositions from the waiting staff included with the room, but wait, it gets better, at night for a couple of hours complimentary beer and wine is served, along with warm finger foods. A great opportunity to kick back in the ample and welcoming downstairs lounge area. Nice pool, in laundry availability, very excellent room service when one needs the room serviced. They will basically bend backward to attend to their guests.
I love efficiency, and in this place if found in droves. Like I said, Nicole exemplifies the mentality of this fine place. If the stay is going to be longer than usual, they offer a better rate for 30 days or more. Food in the area, if the homework is done properly and well researched, may prove a revelation, for some reason we had fewer complaints that what we were used to in the south orange county area.
Nicole and the whole staff are a revelation of good manners and prompt service. From management to the last (alphabetically) member of the team, we had a very nice experience, and I urge any world traveller to at the very least consider them for their next stay in the area.
Thank you, Nicole, don't even know her last name, but one thing I know is that if I decide to return to the area, this place is it. Nice appointed rooms with even dishwasher, they have another one a little more steep that offers two bathrooms! Yes, Siree!, The Residence Inn at San Marcos definitely got it going on! 5 Shinning Stars for us!

Room Tip: Nice rooms, some have two bathrooms but cost a little more, overall very nice furnishings!
1 Thank Luke17
Dear Luke17,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn North/San Marcos for your travel needs!

I am extremely pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the team encounters you have had, especially with Ms. Nicole. She is a great addition to our team and continues to deliver excellent customer service.

I will make sure to inform Nicole of the great review. Thank you again for making our hotel your home away from home!
Western Hemisphere
Reviewed 22 June 2013

1 Thank Luke17
Nirvana
Reviewed 15 June 2013

...for every hotel in the world....it would be a seriously great planet to travel on! She had great tips for purchases (deals on great wine), dining, and made us feel truly welcome. Her smile is genuine as her caring spirit. I will go OUT of my way to stay here in future trips!

Extra towels and sheets arrived JUSTLIKETHIS by her front desk colleague...an equally nice young woman...

Room Tip: We needed a handicapped room for our child in a knee brace...PERFECT for our needs!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reaching out and providing us with your positive experience at the Residence Inn North/San Marcos!

I completely agree with your every word stated regarding Ms. Stephanie. She is truly a great asset to have on our team and she continues to stride for excellence. I personally know that being a Front Desk Agent can be difficult at times, however that individual can impact your stay in a positive way and make a lasting impression. I am glad that Ms. Stephanie has shown you genuine hospitality and would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to accommodate to your travel needs.

We look forward to your next visit!
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 14 May 2013

A large group of us stayed there for my nephew's wedding weekend. The service was great, the breakfast was better than we had expected, and our room was excellent. We were able to have a large gathering out by the barbeque the night before the wedding. We appreciated that this area was available for us. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of me and the staff at the Residence Inn North/San Marcos, we enjoyed your visit with us during that joyous time. I am glad to hear that you all were able to utilize the patio area/fire pit and enjoy the company of friends and family before the big event!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We hope to see you soon!
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I arrived at this hotel just as the evening social was starting. They were serving hot dogs and sandwiches. The reception area was packed with people socializing. They had the TV tuned to the NBA playoff game. The hotel had a very vibrant feel to it that was very different from any other Residence Inn where I have stayed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. I don't have much to say excep that I was blown away by the fun atmosphere. I stayed here on business for only one night. If I were to be in this area again on business, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg A
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Mr. Greg,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Residence Inn North/San Marcos!

It brings me great joy to hear that our staff has made a memorable impression on your recent visit with us. I truly appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience and I look forward to your next trip to San Marcos.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
TownePlace Suites San Diego Carlsbad/Vista
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
Holiday Inn Carlsbad
#22 of 36 in Carlsbad

Been to Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos? Share your experiences!