“Nice hotel & staff”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Long Beach
“Nice hotel & staff”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here while celebrating our son's birthday, wife and his girlfriend for an overnighter during golf/ pool time at a local timeshare resort nearby. We had a 4th floor one bedroom corner unit....very nice digs for the 4 of us for overnight. Air conditioning worked great, there's a fireplace in the room as well....great kitchen facilities we did not use, other than making coffee in the morning. They have a great rec room with pool table....it was not level, but they did not charge to use it, so we couldn't complain....it was nice they had it. Good pool patio facilities, and the breakfast in the morning was good, choices we good. Overall Marriott products at all levels are really great....we are Gold elite status guests as we use their hotels quite often. This area is under a great deal of construction right now, but this hotel is nice and new.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Mr. Kenneth,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit with us. Happy belated birthday to your son by the way!

I am thrilled to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy our spacious suites and numerous amenities we offer at the Residence Inn North/San Marcos. I did see the commentary on our pool table and I will have that taken care of right away.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs and for your loyalty to the Marriott brand.

We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
North Port, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Room and facilities were very clean. Outdoor area with BBQ and fire pit were very nice. Breakfast area was clean and the selection was good but small for the number of guests, very crowded. Service staff was very attentive during check in and check out. Price was high for the location and the lack of other attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 August 2013

After a very shaky first night (the room I reserved was lost due to another guest deciding to extend their stay - I would have expected management to tell them "I'm sorry, this room has been reserved starting today, but we can move you to another room if you wish to extend"), we were moved to our 1 bedroom, king suite, the next day.
Management and staff deserve the highest praise, they truly exemplify outstanding customer service.
Why only a 'very good' rating you ask? On our last full day at the hotel, our room was never cleaned. After attending our sons wedding and being gone ALL day, we came back to find we'd been 'overlooked' somehow. My husband had to walk to the front desk and ask for clean towels. Ugh.
The rest of our party (we had a block of rooms booked) seemed to be very happy overall.
If you book here, stay away from room 101 - it's VERY noisy (right on the main drag). That was our room the first night, and it was miserable.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel if you're looking for something nice in the area.
Again, management and staff are outstanding!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The rooms were perfect, large and very clean. I was a little surprised at the cost, considering there is no beach or main attraction nearby.
My itty bitty complaint: I called down for some toothpaste because I accidently forgot it, and the front desk told me to come down and get it. This was a bit inconvenient because I was in my nightrobe (trying to brush my teeth). I would expect that from a cheap hotel but not where I am spending $200+/night.
Overall though, it was a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lilylovesb
USA
Reviewed 20 August 2013

So this is definitely an overall clean facility with nice common areas, especially the pool and outdoor areas.

The bed is really uncomfortable for such a new hotel. I do not think I have experienced such an uncomfortable bed at any Marriott branded property before. The towels are still really terrible, however the room is nice and clean as it should be.

The breakfast area was an absolute dirty nightmare. It was so bad the 2nd morning I decided to leave and just not have breakfast. And for the prices being charged this particular weekend, that is a really big shame because you expect to have the breakfast.

I guess I would stay again at this location because I like Marriott but I would strongly consider other options in the area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlendaleCA
Stoneham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Two girlfriends and I stayed at the Residence Inn San Marcos. The room was very spacious and we appreciated having a kitchenette and sitting area. I slept on the pull-out couch, which was fine. Breakfast was good and there was plenty of variety over the four days we were there. The pool and hot tub were refreshing.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Ms. Lucy,

Thank you for your returned visit to our hotel! I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the many amenities we offer. Please make sure to relax and enjoy some time around our firepit/patio area during our Manager's Reception as well!

Thank you again for your loyalty and we hope to see you soon!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We just drove down to San Diego for a friend's wedding and booked our hotel online last minute. We had never stayed at a Residence Inn before. When we opened the door to our room my husband and I looked at each other in complete disbelief. Oh my gosh, it was beautiful. We had dinner plans and my husband didn't want to leave the room. We did finally go out, but we really enjoyed the hotel and we will definitely return if we are in the area again. Thanks so much to the young lady at the front desk who checked us in. Her smile was very warm and welcoming. She did an excellent job making us feel at home and also helped up print out directions to our restaurant. The jacuzzi was the perfect temperature (we know because we always complain). The breakfast was pretty darn good and the helpers that were out before breakfast is served greeted me with a smile when I wanted fresh coffee 30 minutes before they were expected to be ready. LOVED this hotel! Thanks so much for all that went out of their way to exceed our expectations!

Room Tip: We asked for a room furthest from the freeway.