Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Hampton Inn San Marcos(San Marcos)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$130
TownePlace Suites
US$83
Average 3/5
Staybridge Suites Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$132
Staybridge.com
Great 4.5/5
Holiday Inn Carlsbad(Carlsbad)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$112
Very Good 4/5
US$73
Average 3/5
All reviewsfront deskfull size fridgeone bedroom suiteeasy freeway accessyogurtevening receptionhot breakfastfavorite hotelsitting areafree breakfastminute drivewould stay againbusiness tripdishwasherbilliardslegolandwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you are on an extended stay in the area, this is a terrific choice. The rooms are all suites and include a kitchen with microwave oven, full sized refrigerator, cooktop and utensils. Plenty of room to roam around. The room and common areas were clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear BabsnMarty,

Thank you for allowing the Marriott Residence Inn San Marcos to be your home away from home. I am pleased to hear that you were able to relax in our spacious suites and experience the many amenities we offer.

We would love it if you would stay with us again for any of your future travels to the North County/San Marcos area. Have a wonderful weekend BabsnMarty!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the exceptionally friendly and efficient staff of front desk and kitchen to maintenance and housekeeping - this has been a 5 star stay! This hotel has given me hope that professionalism and excellence have not died! Comfortable and well maintained, with fully furnished suites available. The staff has accommodated all sorts of needs during our extended stay. They truly are about friendly service.

Room Tip: top floor has a great view but not sure if it's available to everyone.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cherry319,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Residence Inn San Marcos as your home away from home. I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments about our many amenities, spacious suites, and our efforts to provide all guests with exceptional customer service.

I will definitely share your review with our team as I know they will be pleased to hear that they were able to deliver all of your expectations!

We look to your next visit with us Cherry319! Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had the most terrible experience in this Hotel of my whole life after being travelling the all world around.
No hospitality at all. My strong advise is to move somewhere else.
The Manager was simply unable to carry her function.
I got kicked out because I was smoking 30 feet far from the entrance. Law says 20 feet. NO WAY!

Yet again do not book here!

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank mckey12
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Good Afternoon,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding the laws and regulations the tobacco use within the state of California and of privately owned buildings.

As mentioned in previous communication I am available to discuss this matter in further detail.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We just got back from a five night stay at this hotel with our three kids ages 6, 5 and 2 and I had to write up my review because we had a fantastic time. The hotel staff was helpful, friendly and went above and beyond for us.

I have to comment about Lovey (the server for breakfast/happy hour). She was always pleasant, helpful and friendly. She even sent us up to the room with a warm plate of cookies for us and gave my kids coloring sheets and crayons on our first morning. It is rare to find someone so helpful in a role like that and it really made the difference for our whole stay.

We had a room on the street side third floor and had no issues with noise at all. The area is not particularly great because there is a lot of construction going on but it didn't really bother us. There is a Sprouts right down the street for any grocery needs. The two bedroom suite was perfect for our family. We really felt like we had a lot of room to spread out.

I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn during a recent 10-day business trip. From the moment I walked in I felt at home. The lady working the reception desk had a warm inviting smile and attitude; this attitude didn't stop with her either. It seems everyone at this hotel is eager to chat and over deliver at every chance. I've never experienced this level of customer service before and I've been traveling for business almost 6 years now. I did have a minor issue with the guests in the room above mine being a little rowdy and loud late into the evening. I made a quick comment the following morning and you would've thought I mentioned a fire or some other emergency situation. I was thoroughly apologized to for the inconvenience; even though I repeatedly reminded them that I was not put out in the least. A day or so later I had received a care package/goody bag from the management apologizing yet again. I was floored.

The customer service was just the tip of the iceberg. The rooms were very clean and the furniture/decorations were well thought out. The Manager's Receptions were fantastic (free BBQ w/ wine and beer on Wednesday night.) Close to plenty of restaurants and the highway.

In my time traveling for work and pleasure I have never felt more at home in a hotel than here. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to ANYONE coming to the area and I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew F
Liberty B, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Mr. Andrew F,

Thank you so much for allowing us to fix the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. Even though the few items you mentioned seemed minimal in your perception, they are opportunities of improvement to our staff. We strive to provide service to memorable in hopes that you will visit us time and time again.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our Manager’s Reception and have found our hotel as your second home. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and letting us take care of you!

We will see you soon Mr. Andrew F!