“A place to get good Mexican food at a fair price.”
Review of Acapulco Restaurant & Cantina - CLOSED

Acapulco Restaurant & Cantina
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The food is always great here no matter what you order.
My wife and myself have ordered a multitude of menu items, and we have never been upset.

This is a francise restaurant, and believe me, the difference can be quite different from each location. San Marcos never lets us down.

Service here is always really good.

The Mexican food is very tasty. Never had a bad meal. Its more of a American style mexican food, but I am not complaining.

What I liked best was the very fast service. Never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated. Had beverage service in less than 4 minutes. Waiter less than 7 minutes. Food was served very quickly. Less than 13 minutes.

Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Service has always been good and the foods not bad. It's just that there are better places for thame money. Enchiladd suizas is very good. Beware the bar gets crowded and noisy and the restrooms are in serious need of a remodel.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

The restaurant is beautifully decorated but there is something about Acapulco's food that just doesn't do it for us. It is a fun place for a large party though.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Great atmosphere! Fun place to go for drinks and music. The food is good, but not the best Mexican food you can eat in San Diego. Great service, too!

Reviewed 16 November 2011

The restaurant is split into two main parts - the bar and the dining area. The dining area has some good booths and an outdoor section that I would recommend. The remaining seating towards the back is not nearly as enjoyable. The bar turns into a dance club at some point in the evening - so perhaps that is why previous reviews mentioned fights and thugs. We have not personally witnessed any but generally are there no later than 8:00 pm.

The service is typical of a restaurant like this - rushed! The food is average fare and the portions are large. The house margaritas are horrible - you need to pony up real cash and go with a premium margarita made with better tequila - which can quickly bump the bill.

We are locals and love Mexican food and we don't have plans to ever return to Acapulco so I guess that is my review.