“AMAZING - RELAXING - WOW”

Lakehouse Hotel & Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I love the Lakehouse! I have never stayed anywhere that as soon as I got out of the car and walked into the lobby I felt that moment of AAAHHHHH. I spent 2 nights there and feel like i've been on a 2 week vacation I'm so relaxed. The staff from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out where amazing. The pool area was great and the lake was amazing. The kids spent most of their time renting the kayaks and water bikes. They had a blast. This is such a hidden gem and I would definatly recommend staying there if you get the chance. It's a perfect destination get away or a weekend stay-cation.

Room Tip: Reserve the water toys at check in.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

millerfamili,

Thank you for choosing Lakehouse Hotel and Resort and for sharing your amazing pictures on our Trip Advisor page! Our goal since day one has been to provide a personable, refreshing escape and a deviation from the bland robotic service norms many have sadly come to accept in hospitality. Subsequently we are elated to read our team of passionate hoteliers created a memorable experience for your family during your visit. We thank you for your review and hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I and my folks stayed at Lakehouse for a 4 day visit to see family in the area, who recommended this place after their recent renovation. We welcomed a reosrt atmosphere over the standard Hampton or Courtyard chains, but had no idea how terrific this place is. I will start with the Pros's which are many. Check-in and the front desk staff were wonderful, courteous, offered complimentary champagne, provided a map of the resort with a letter from the manager on the opposite side, and proactively pointed out the complimentary wifi password which is very rare. They also had complimentary ice water and organic green tea in the lobby. We had 2 Lily Lounge rooms reserved, but I guess over the 3 nights we were staying, the last night was full, so they upgraded us to the Poolside Lounge rooms near each other. The general landscape of the facility was impeccable, clean, I even noticed a worker going around straightening out the outdoor chairs outside the poolside lounge rooms. There are 2 beautiful heated pools as well as 2 spas. Fire pits and ice machines were strategically and conveniently located throughout the property. The rooms were incredibly clean, with iHome clock radios, refridgerators, coffee makers, ironing board, and hair dryers in each lounge room as well. These beds were incredible too, I don't know if they were tempurpedic or what, but slept very well on this comfort. Now for the cons which are limited. First in my poolside lounge room, the deadbolt lock did not seat properly in the door jam, I had to slightly lift my door up to get it to engage. In the other poolside lounge where my parents were in, the bathroom door is a sliding door, and when fully closed, there was a gap on the opposite side of the door. However this was not the case in my room, the sliding door, when closed did not leave a gap on the oppposite side. And finally, the last night we were there we needed to leave early, so I tried to hit the Wake up Call button on the phone, I tried every 10 minutes for about an hour and it went to a fast busy signal. I finally just called the front desk and they set up the wake up call for me. But these cons can easily be fixed. We loved this place and will definitely stay here everytime we come to San Marcos, CA. I just hope as word gets out, that the prices do not go up, they are extremely competitive right now so I hope it stays that way. One last thing comes to mind, they do have 24 room service from the golf club across the street, which makes up for not having a free continental breakfast as most chain hotels do. But that is why this is called a Resort and hotel too. So not knocking that at all. This place really is amazing and I highly recommend it. Next trip I might reserve a cottage. Great job to Lakehouse staff, wonderful people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, not the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Texas_Traveler386
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Texas_Traveler386,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Lakehouse Hotel and Resort during your travels from Houston, Texas! We are elated you enjoyed our personable guest experience and I will be sure to pass along your praise to our entire team of passionate hoteliers. Thank you as well for providing suggestions on how we can improve our experience. I apologize you had issues with your wakeup call but am pleased our team member was able to assist you promptly. Our goal here at our brand new resort is to earn lifelong guests via an experience second to none and we are pleased to hear you will be rejoining us in what we hope is in the near future. Thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Lakehouse for one night on our way to visiting San Diego. I read great reviews about this place and staying here was the best decision ever made on our one-month trip in the US. The deco is simple, modern, chic, elegant but also fun. I like the blue-grey hue of the room, which echoes the surrounding lake view and gives a true relaxing atmosphere. The choice of furniture is superb. I love the arm chair besides the bed, it's comfortable to sit on and has no sanitary concerns like chairs with fabric surface (theirs has leather/faux leather surface). What's really amazing and unforgettable is their BED! It is the most comfortable bed my husband and I have ever slept on. It has wonderful support and the linen is so soft and clean. My only regret is that we only got to stay for one night. I would definitely return to this amazing hotel if we're ever to visit again. A resort with superb quality and very affordable prices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yi-Ping Lee L
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Betina L,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Lakehouse Hotel & Resort during your month long trip after reading our past reviews! We have been honored to have such a frequent and positive source of feedback from travelers such as yourself on our Trip Advisor. We are delighted your experience rang with the same tones of excellence fellow reviewers shared and that we demand from ourselves. Our Memory Foam mattresses have been a hit and provide a sleep experience that is hard to beat. I am pleased to read it was the most comfortable mattress you have ever slept on.

We share in your regretful sentiment that you were only able to join us for one night and assure you that upon your return the same economical value and commitment to a legendary guest experience awaits!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My sisters and I try to get together for a girls night at least once a year. We have been to many places but the Lake House Hotel and Resort was a hidden treasure. Upon our arrival the staff was genuine and down to earth. We stayed in one of the two bedroom cottages facing the lake and it was so comfortable, roomy and immaculate! We had two fire pits, one on our front porch and the other in the back facing the lake!

Loved the décor, with the simple lines and serene colors. I especially liked the bench style kitchen farm table. We had brought snacks and drinks which the large refrigerator accommodated everything nicely.

Later in the evening we decided to order room service which comes from Saint Mark Grill (which is owned by the same company as the Lake House). The food arrived within 10-15 minutes and was hot and delicious! Our waiter was friendly and professional.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone including locals who just want a getaway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeannie L
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Jeannie L,

We are elated that you selected our Four Star resort for your annual girls night and thank you for your review! The Lakehouse guest experience is centered upon genuinely personable interactions that offer a refreshing deviation from the bland robotic service norms many are sadly accustomed to while traveling. The key component in being able to successfully do so is our team of passionate hoteliers that take immense pride in the honor of creating an escape from outside daily stresses. Subsequently I am elated to read your review and that you enjoyed our hotel amenities, the team at Saint Marks and our resort as whole.

We are thrilled to read you will be back with us in the future and we thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great place to stay! We were looking for somewhere between Los Angeles and San Diego and very glad we fell upon this and ended up staying much longer than planned. Very relaxing, quiet and great staff....extremely helpful, bent over backwards to help and a special thanks to the lady who cleaned our room near the pool, she was lovely. We were upgraded to a Lake View room as building work was taking place, great views and very peaceful near the lake, would recommend as it was double the size of the pool views rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

586bobbysgirl,

Thank you for choosing Lakehouse Hotel & Resort during your travels from the United Kingdom and for your review! As a collective team of passionate hoteliers we relish in the honor of creating lifelong memories via our personable service. I have shared your review this morning with our Housekeeping team who were elated to hear your kind words and the impact they had on your time with us. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Southern California and thank you once again for your review!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Lakehouse is somehow affiliated with Tower 23, a modern and fun hotel on the beach in San Diego. Similar approach at lakehouse - clean and modern redo of what was probably a tired motel on quaint lake San Marcos. Very modern and clean and quiet (although currently some construction of a new waterside restaurant) in a somewhat secluded residential area. Nice alternative to the coastal area of Carlsbad and Oceanside where hotels are either pricey or worn out... This is now my "go to" place on my frequent trips to the area. Front desk is helpful and friendly. Beautiful pool (x2) and fire pits. There is a restaurant as part of the property, but 5 min walk - food is good but decor is pre-redo of the rest of the place.

Room Tip: Pool, lake or residential view. You pay for the views... 2 storey motel configuration.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Dieter S, Hotel Manager at Lakehouse Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Surfitfrazer,

Thank you for choosing Lakehouse Hotel & Resort after discovering our sister property Tower 23 and for your review! I will be sure to pass along your praise to our entire housekeeping team whom takes immense pride in ensuring the utmost levels of cleanliness throughout the resort as well as to our guest services team. As a collective team of passionate hoteliers we are committed to providing a legendary guest experience at a economical rate and we hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

After much searching and hours of reading reviews, I decided on Lakehouse Hotel & Resort for 2 nights of an 8 night visit to California in mid January 2014. I highly recommend this property on so many levels.
The Staff/Management: Extremely friendly, helpful & attentive.
The Room: Very Clean, modern, welcoming & comfortable.
The Property: Fantastic!!!
The View: Fantastic!!! - we had a lake view…worth the extra $$.

On night two, which happened to be a big San Diego game, we decided to watch the game at the resort and had some family over…..three children & four adults. The room fit us all comfortably to watch the game. After a sad loss to the Broncos (who's laughing now) we decided to drown our sorrows in the heated pools & jacuzzi's and enjoy the fire pit which the staff lit for us when requested. The pool was fully stocked with big comfy towels, which was not expected but Much Appreciated on that cool, brisk evening!!!

For anyone visiting San Marcos or the surrounding areas, I HIGHLY recommend Lakehouse Hotel & Resort. I can't imagine that the staff or the property would disappoint you!

Wait…there is one grievance, the lighting wasn't that great in the bathroom for applying makeup. And that is the only negative thing I can say.

Looking forward to returning again!

Room Tip: If your wallet allows, lakeside view is worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Adventgal,

The honor of providing a refreshingly personable guest experience deviating from the bland cookie cutter norm many have come to accept in hospitality is at the heart and soul of our new Lakehouse brand. Subsequently I am elated to read we succeeded in doing so during your 8 night stay while visiting us from Florida and appreciate your kind words regarding our entire staff of passionate hoteliers. We are pleased to read you were able to recover from the Chargers loss on our spacious pool decks with our fire pits and ample lounge seating. Word of mouth plays an essential role in our long term success and we greatly appreciate you recommending our brand new property here on Lake San Marcos.

We hope to see you the next time you are in the area and assure you the same commitment to a legendary guest experience will eagerly await!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Marcos
#2 of 5 in San Marcos
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego North/San Marcos
Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach

Been to Lakehouse Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!