“Cheap place to sleep”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Pasadena
“Cheap place to sleep”
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this location because it was cheap and I was just there one night. At 2:30 am the couple next door started fighting and I think there was a fist fight outside the room with another guy. That in itself was the hotel's fault however when I tried the desk on four different occasions over the hour it went on it rang and rang and rang. Was about to just call the police when they decided they were done for the night. I was stuck on the back of the building with a view of the RV lots next door... Way outta sight so clear out if mind. Thought the room was clean until I did my workout the next morning. Got up and both the heels of the palms of my hands and my knees ( push ups, planks, etc) were literally black. It wasn't dust that brushed off either. I had to scrub it all of with a wash cloth. It would have been worth the extra money for sleep and the skin I scrubbed off!

• Stayed April 2013
ramadasm, Front Office Manager at Days Inn San Marcos, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
DEAR SANDRA M

We do take each comment very seriously and we appreciate you understanding some
Situations are out of our control. But I would like to let you know that the night shift was doing a walk a around and addressing that specific incident when you were unable to get a response from the front desk. We work closely with our local police station and they did respond and take control of the disturbance. We do regret any inconvenience, and as far as the carpet we have taken care of it we appreciate you letting us know about your experience it helps us better serve our customers. Thank you for your patronage and we hope we can better serve you again the next time you are in town.

Sincerely
Hotel Mgmt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Escondido, California
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It's a cheap stay. Rooms are relatively clean, the area is pretty safe. Again, I live around here, and I stayed at this hotel one night because of house remodeling. It wasn't all bad. It was small, hadn't been remodeled in a while but overall decent for the price. The staff is kind of clueless though, so I suggest calling the actual hotel directly - not through a third party (tripad, exp, etc). Overall, an OK stay for one night. Any longer, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Sooner you book a room, the more likely your room will be faced away from the Highway 78.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Super 8 Escondido
Super 8 Escondido
#12 of 16 in Escondido
Comfort Inn Escondido San Diego North County

Been to Days Inn San Marcos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn San Marcos

Property: Days Inn San Marcos
Address: 517 W San Marcos Blvd, San Marcos, CA 92069-2721 (Formerly Ramada Limited San Marcos)
Region: United States > California > San Marcos
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in San Marcos
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn San Marcos 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn San Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Limited San Marcos Hotel San Marcos